Apple Watch Cases

scmurphy13

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to be picking up a 6S Plus and an Apple Watch next week. Does anybody actually use a case or bumper on their watch? I plan on the screen protector for it, but was curious about the cases.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to be picking up a 6S Plus and an Apple Watch next week. Does anybody actually use a case or bumper on their watch? I plan on the screen protector for it, but was curious about the cases.

I personally don't like cases on watches but for the sport model might be more essential due to aluminium casing, Ion-X glass and composite backing are less resistant to scratches as compared to the stainless steel model.

I have the 42mm SS one and never use any case or screen protector. It looks more clean this way as well.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a small case and screen protector but don't use them. Case added extra bulk and would get caught on my sleeves. Been running the watch naked and have had no problems. It's a cleaner look and smoother for shirt and coat sleeves. I have the sport, space grey.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Speck candyshell that I got from the iMore Store but I haven't used it yet. I'm sure I will at some point but don't plan on using it on a daily basis.
As far as a screen protector is concerned, I have a stainless steal Apple Watch so I don't feel like it's necessary. The sapphire crystal is more likely to shatter than get scratched.
This is the case I bought: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ource=vb_im&utm_medium=content&token=50nwKf_v

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I don't wear a case on my watch. I understand it's a tech gadget but I still look at it as an accessory. I've never a put a case on any watch I've had and I've worn one almost daily for more than 20 years.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
No I won't use a case on my watch. It's a watch and I don't want to treat it like a phone.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
No I won't use a case on my watch. It's a watch and I don't want to treat it like a phone.

I thought about that too. I have some really nice watches and I've never felt the need to put a case in any of them.

loveseyecandy

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

21425559696a6ab559aceb8e3d7bdd2c.jpg

Moko on Amazon is the best for bands they come in three pieces just like the Apple band! Dan I use screen protector that's class and a case with crown protection, all on Amazon

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
The Spigen Tough Armour provides excellent protection if you're in a rough enviroment. Military grade protection and the screen protector is built in. Available in different colors for around $13 bucks from Amazon.

51erEGkvv0L._AA200_.jpg

scmurphy13

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
I haven't picked up a case yet or a screen protector for the watch, but it's tempting. Don't think I will because I don't have a cases for my regular watches.

scmurphy13

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
I ended up buying the X-Doria Defense Edge in red. I changed my mind about not buying a case after I whacked it against a door frame.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1455751512.954131.jpg

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
The sapphire crystal on the stainless watch won't scratch, unless you drag another sapphire or diamond over its surface. It might shatter, however, if you whack it hard enough. I got some stainless cleaner and cloths for rubbing out minor scratches, which I haven't used yet. I do have a few scratches on the metal portions of the case from accidental dings, but haven't been bothered enough by them yet to do anything about it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner