Do the reminders work well on the Apple Watch?

I

iMore Question

How well do the reminders work on the Apple Watch? Would I be able to set a reminder Monday-Friday to continuously go off three times a day throughout the year?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! To answer your question, reminders sync with your iPhone and work quite well. If you have repetitive reminders set up on your phone you will get the alert through your watch. You'll probably have to set up three separate reminders for specific times every day and have them repeat daily.

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
How well do the reminders work on the Apple Watch? Would I be able to set a reminder Monday-Friday to continuously go off three times a day throughout the year?

The notifications can be set to mirror what you have on your iPhone - so, yes, if you setup the reminders as you've outlined they will also show up on the Apple Watch - the only caveat is if your paired iPhone is unlocked, the reminder will have notified you there so it won't also notify you on the watch.

I'm relatively new to the Apple Watch - having it for about a week now - I wasn't sure what to expect but one pleasant surprise is that notifications (reminders, texts, phone calls, etc.) that I receive on the phone but don't notice - I do notice due to the haptic feedback.

I was also traveling and using Siri/Maps to get to a destination - i kept getting pinged on my wrist before I had to make a turn - it is a very welcome feature.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
They work very well. My Apple Watch doesn't even need to be connected to my iPhone and it still works. At work we are not allowed our phones. My iPhone stays locked in my locker and is out of range of my watch and so the watch is disconnected. However I still get all my reminders through on my Apple Watch. Once you've set the reminder it will show up on your watch so long as your iPhone is not unlocked. However that is the same for all notifications. You only get them if your iPhone is locked.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro