Does anyone feel unsafe wearing the Apple Watch?

I

iMore Question

I love my Apple Watch but I gotta admit that I feel kinda unsafe wearing it. Have any of you felt the same way?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! What do you mean by unsafe? If you're concerned about theft, that's always a possibility with any watch. The same goes for scratches. I can't say I feel any more or less safe than I normally would wearing any watch.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I don't feel unsafe but I would be lying if I said someone taking my watch hadn't crossed my mind before. I'm not worried about it though.

dezee38

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Felt the same way initially and it's always good to be conscience of surroundings, but It won't even cross ur mind n a couple weeks. It'll become so natural, u won't even think about it.

selovell

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
I have not purchase the Watch (yet) and part of the reason is that it is expensive...and conspicuous. I am sure I will break down at some point!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't feel unsafe at all wearing my Watch, and I wear it all day everyday and have been since getting it back in May.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I love my Apple Watch but I gotta admit that I feel kinda unsafe wearing it. Have any of you felt the same way?

This is something I've considered. I was almost going to pull the trigger and buy an Apple Watch for my trip to Brazil. I wanted it for quick viewing of messages and flight updates. Thought it would be nice to have those features without having to dig in my pocket or fanny pack. I didn't for this very reason. I think when smart watches are more common, I will feel safer.

Qdiddy09

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't really understand the mindset of the Apple Watch making someone feel unsafe. I mean it's great and all but where does the notion come from that somehow people are just so determined to steal the Apple Watch from someone over anything else they might steal from you. I mean phones are way easier to steal IMO as they are not attached to you and most people (myself included) leave them laying around carelessly.

I guess what I'm getting at is what's the difference in wearing the Apple Watch compared to any other expensive piece of jewelry or tech you use/wear every day. I couldn't imagine not buying something because of the less then 1% chance it gets stolen. To each their own I guess, not criticizing anyone so please don't take it as so. Honestly I'd rather someone steal my App,e watch then one of my other watches I wear on certain occasions because I can track my smart watch.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
If I owned one I do not think I would feel unsafe. My regular watches are worth the same or more than an watch and I never feel worried when I wear them.

Last edited:

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I get that iMore, AC etc want to allow people to ask quick questions without having to make an account, but I think about 90% of these guests are just asking stupid questions just to troll / try to be funny.
Why on earth would you feel unsafe wearing an apple watch. and if you were afraid, why the heck would you buy one in the first place....
I smell .....

DZD

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got an Apple Watch Sport for Christmas - the title of this thread is curious to me - why would anyone feel unsafe with it? I certainly don't.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I wear watches daily that are much more valuable than the AW (aside from the gold one), and I never think of anyone stealing them. Maybe I'm naive, but why would you feel anxious about wearing a $399-599 watch in public? You use an $700-1000 smartphone in public, don't you?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox