Calendar on watch won't mirror calendar on iPhone

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I have the Calendar in my watch app set to mirror the calendar on my iPhone. After first syncing my iPhone with the watch the calendar on the watch looked the same as the iPhone. However, I only wanted 2 of my 7 iCloud calendars from the iPhone on the watch. I have one Google calendar on my iPhone and this calendar has continually remained mirrored on my Watch through each of the actions below that I have tried to get my iCloud calendars that are on my iPhone to mirror my watch. Things I've done to try and fix this:

1. Turned off the other 5 iCloud calendars on the iPhone Calendar app and now only 2 remain visible on the phone. However, my watch still showed all 7 calendars.

2. Turned off Calendars under the iCloud Settings on my iPhone which caused all events to disappear from iPhone and Apple Watch. I then turned Calendars back on in iCloud Settings and all 7 reappeared on the iPhone but NONE of the calendars ever appeared on the Apple Watch.

3. Unpaired the Apple Watch from the iPhone. Made sure only the two iCloud calendars I wanted were selected in the iPhone Calendar app, then repaired the watch. No iCloud calendars showed up.

4. Rebooted (Powered off and back on) both iPhone and Apple Watch but I still get no iCloud calendars.

I notice that Fantastical on the watch is also only showing me the same thing I see on Calendar app for the watch. Peculiarly, when I first launched Fantastical on the watch, it briefly showed the actual iCloud calendars that I have set to show in Fantastical on my iPhone, then they disappeared only to show the same thing I see on the watch Calendar app, which is no iCloud calendars but it does show the one Google calendar I have set to display in Fantastical as well as Calendar app on the iPhone. Kinda funny that Google's calendars are working fine on my Apple Watch but Apple's iCloud calendars do not. And, by funny, I mean annoying.

How do I get calendars on my Apple Watch to actually mirror what is on the iPhone?

Last edited:

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Try rebooting both your iPhone and your Watch.

Thanks for the suggestion. This resulted in no change. I still have no iCloud calendars on my watch. I have the same problem with Fantastical, which I just noticed. It initially seemed to show the calendars that are selected on the iPhone app but then those disappeared and it only shows the same thing I see on my Apple Watch calendar app, which is nothing. Other suggestions?

Last edited:

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
You could try starting over, by unpairing your Apple Watch using the iPhone's Watch app, then when it's done, re-pair it to set it up as a new watch. This should wipe everything from the Watch. Do not use the Restore feature when you set up the watch, as that might bring back in whatever was wrong with your current setup. Then, go through the iPhone's Watch app settings and remake your selections.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
You could try starting over, by unpairing your Apple Watch using the iPhone's Watch app, then when it's done, re-pair it to set it up as a new watch. This should wipe everything from the Watch. Do not use the Restore feature when you set up the watch, as that might bring back in whatever was wrong with your current setup. Then, go through the iPhone's Watch app settings and remake your selections.

Dave, thanks for the suggestion. This did not fix the issue. However, a "reset all data" which wiped out the calendar and contacts fixed the issue for Fantastical only, which now shows on the watch only the calendars that I have selected on the iPhone app. This effectively performs the mirror iPhone feature as advertised. The watch Calendar app now shows ALL calendars in iCloud, regardless of which are set to be shown on my iPhone Calendar app. So far, I have not found a way to simply have the Calendar app on my watch truly mirror what is being shown on my iPhone Calendar app. It's peculiar there is MORE info on the watch than less, given it is designed to hold less content and, presumably, provide access to a more limited, customized range of data.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2