How do I fix this sync/notification issue?

Agpe17

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Got my Apple Watch two days ago, and I'm noticing a very odd push/sync issue...

On my iPhone, I use the stock Mail app for all accounts (two GMAIL accounts, one iCloud, one IMAP). I was under the impression that I'd get notified of new email/text notifications immediately. My email notifications are definitely lagging in terms of real-time, at best. I need to manually go into the Mail app on my watch, and then messages would filter in.

On my iPhone email settings, I have "Push" toggled to "ON." However, after further research, it seems regardless of you wanting messages "pushed" to you or not, the soonest new messages can be "fetched" by the iPhone is in 15 minute increments. This seems to have made sense as to why emails won't come to my watch when they're received.

My question: What are you all using to get real-time, push email notifications to your device? (And, in turn, your watch?)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The watch app has its own settings which you can customize to your liking it's all trial and era to get the right settings that work for you

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Gmail cannot do push in the native iOS mail app, only fetch, with the most frequent being 15 minutes. If you use the gmail app, it will push, and you'll get notifications immediately. You will of course lose the unified mailbox but pick what is most important :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro