Why can't I read my Whatsapp messages on my Apple Watch?

I

iMore Question

I cannot read my watsapp messages on my apple watch

I receive notificatios for watsapp messages but cannot read the actual messages

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: I cannot read my watsapp messages on my apple watch

Whatsapp does not yet have its own Apple Watch app, so the best you can get right now is notifications, which go right from your phone to the watch. Once Whatsapp makes an Apple Watch app (rumor has it they are working on it) then you will get more functionality.

I am a BBM user, and at first we were in the same situation, BUT finally a BBM watch app came out and now we can read and reply to BBM messages right on the watch. You can used a few canned replies, OR use the watch's mic to record (and then it transcribes) a message.

HansT

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I get the last message from WhatsApp in the notification, and I can answer by the watch's mic; but no images....

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm confused. I don't get notifications from WhatsApp and it doesn't even show up in the iPhone My Watch app as installable on the Apple Watch.

summertime1977

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi I had the same problem and followed all the advice on how to set up the I phone and watch notifications and still did not work. I went into WhatsApp and clicked on settings and just below the bottom of the settings menu is SHOW PREVIEW which was off, I turned this on and now I am able to see the WhatsApp message on my watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2