Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree51Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: Do you regret getting aluminum instead of stainless Apple Watch?

I have both the SS and a rose gold sport and I find no difference in direct sunlight. I have never had trouble reading my watch in full light. Can't say that with my iPhone.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ivantwilliams View Post
    Curious, how do you all find both watches, when out in sunlight?
    I read that that the quartz display is not as bright as the glass so it may be harder to see in the bright sunlight. I had a little trouble in the bright Florida sunlight seeing my watch. I was able to make out the time, temp and other complications but overall it was hard to see.
    anon(153966) likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
    I read that that the quartz display is not as bright as the glass so it may be harder to see in the bright sunlight. I had a little trouble in the bright Florida sunlight seeing my watch. I was able to make out the time, temp and other complications but overall it was hard to see.
    at the Nationals game Sunday, I had to cup my hand around to see the screen. Easy enough, but I had a free hand. It was very sunny, and a hair past mid-day so sun was directly overhead. Not sure if the same would happen with the Sport (I have the SS)

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    at the Nationals game Sunday, I had to cup my hand around to see the screen. Easy enough, but I had a free hand. It was very sunny, and a hair past mid-day so sun was directly overhead. Not sure if the same would happen with the Sport (I have the SS)
    First world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishBanker View Post
    First world problems.
    lol
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    As a runner, I didn't want to take a chance, as I'm frequently outside running and I wanted the watch help track my runs.

I also felt sport model better fit my budget, its the same phone internally, so why not get the less expensive model - that's just my thinking.

As a runner, I didn't want to take a chance, as I'm frequently outside running and I wanted the watch help track my runs.

I also felt sport model better fit my budget, its the same phone internally, so why not get the less expensive model - that's just my thinking.
    Sure! Everyone has to make the decision that's right for them. Sounds like we both made ours correctly!
    maflynn and Brooke5795 like this.
    iMore Nanite

I have the stainless steel version and I am happy with it but it's beyond me why someone would regret their aluminum, you guys have fancy color options lol.
    iMore Expert

OLD thread, I know. But I've got time on my hands.

My first Watch was the SS. It is gorgeous. As I've mentioned elsewhere the Spigen silicone case I put on it trapped fine debris and lightly but noticeably scratched my Watch. I haven't tried to buff them out yet, but will. The weight doesn't bother me; I can lift it with one hand.

I also have a SGS and GS which I also like a lot. If it had to be just one, it would still be the SS. They all look great, but the SS shows off Apple's fit and finish better than any other Watch. Since I don't have to live like an animal, I have more than one, and the SBSS is next on the list.

I've always been careful with watches so it's second nature, and they all look great. Conversely, one of my most expensive watches was a work watch, so it did get scraps and dents. If I'd known then how much it would be worth today, I'd a got four, and a couple in gold. LOL!
    iMore Expert

I read that that the quartz display is not as bright as the glass so it may be harder to see in the bright sunlight.
    The Ion-X Glass has a lower reflectance of ambient light, about half that of Sapphire Crystal. It brighter light, the Sport is brighter and easier to read than the SS (and Edition) lines. Neither are easy to read in bright sunlight compared to my original Pebble. But that was one unattractive watch with an ugly display. I can live with either Watch.

Something I'd like to see in v2 is new crystal technology to reduce reflectance of ambient light which would be a passive way of making the display brighter instead of needing dilithium crystals to power the Watch.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234