Do you regret getting aluminum instead of stainless Apple Watch?

PatrickNSF

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority on this one, but I ended up selling my SS with BSB and just "downgraded" to a SG Sport. I intended to wait it out until V2 in the hopes of getting built-in GPS and some kind of "always on" display, but ended up snagging a deal on the Sport.

I've always liked the weight advantage my son's Sport has over the SS, and his display is easier to read outside.

stlcheer

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I love my rose gold sport. If I could've purchased a ss for the price I paid for the sport then I would've gone that way. I might shell out the extra money on version 2 if it wows me.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
My first Apple Watch was the sport. I got mine on launch day. I initially got the sport because I just didn't know how much I'd use it and I was worried that it might end up in a draw. However after using it for 3 months and buying a lot of the more expensive bands (modern buckle, Milanese loop, classic buckle) I decided to get the SS because the bands that I wanted looked better with the SS. So in August I bought the SS and sold my sports watch. I much prefer the SS. Apart from it looking better from an aesthetic point, it's more durable.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I love my rose gold sport. If I could've purchased a ss for the price I paid for the sport then I would've gone that way. I might shell out the extra money on version 2 if it wows me.

The rose gold is beautiful. Had I not bought my SS before the Rose gold was announced I would defiantly have considered the Rose gold over the SS.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I got the sport initially to save the $200 on something I wasn't sure how much I really wanted. But I always looked at it with the thought "I really wanted the SS". Within a week I exchanged it and couldn't be happier. Well worth the $200 for me :)

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I have the SS but can't wait to get the Rose Gold sport. A girl has to have her rose gold! Hope it holds up like the SS I wear mine everyday.

Powarun

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Yes, so I did not like the aluminum grey and white one. Though I wanted the aluminum gold one, the store I was buying from didn't have any other colors in stock, so they upgraded me at no charge. Went with the Space Black instead of Stainless Steel for the more unique appearance. At first I was very cautious afraid of scratching it, then I forgot to take it off while ripping apart a trailer and after a section of a wall fell on my arm and no scratches.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the silver aluminum case and it's just fine for me. I usually have a case on it though, so you just see whatever color I'm using. I think the SS is pretty - nice and shiny - but I didn't want to spend the extra money yet. Maybe when the next one comes out..........:)

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I have the space gray sport and it looks sharp, yeah, some days I think about the SS model, but in the end, the scratches that seem to occur on the SS, would bother me. I don't think I'd be successful in buffing them out.

Given my usage, I'm happy with the space gray sport :D

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I have the SS and the rose gold sport. Honestly the next time around I don't know if I would spend on the SS. My sport is holding up fine. I rather have two sports in different colors the next time around verses the SS.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with the aluminum but regret not getting the silver. I have space grey because I think that's all Target had at the time

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the space gray sport and it looks sharp, yeah, some days I think about the SS model, but in the end, the scratches that seem to occur on the SS, would bother me. I don't think I'd be successful in buffing them out.

Given my usage, I'm happy with the space gray sport :D

I have yet to buff mine and don't notice any scratches. They are there, though, if you look. Just not noticeable.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Love my SG aluminum. Got the 42mm because I love big watches so the aluminum being lighter is a plus. I really never used the sport band because the outward curve of the band doesn't allow a close enough fit around my wrist. I immediately got a band similar to the modern buckle and finally found a leather cuff style. :)

Then of course, later they came out with the Hermes Apple Watch with a cuff band, lol.

I'm not particularly careful when wearing the watch and there are no scratches on it so the durability is the same to me.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1460541524.054691.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73