Issue with Ford Sync

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm noticing that if I have my watch with me and iPhone in my F150 (2015 model), that voice navigation from the apple maps app no longer works and playing any audio from the phone doesn't really work over Bluetooth anymore. It's like the audio now plays through a phone call over the audio system's speakers. I get the turn-by-turn prompts on the watch, but no voice anymore. Tried everything (HFP prompts are on) but no success.

It's as if the watch broke the Bluetooth functionality of my iPhone with Ford Sync. I tried deleting and re-pairing the phone to Sync, but to no avail. And I don't know of any way to disable the  watch's Bluetooth when I'm in my truck.

Anyone experience any similar issues with the Ford vehicle with Sync?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I think I found a way to fix it... hopefully it stays "fixed" and this isn't a temporary fix...

1) Went into Settings>Bluetooth and selected "Sync" (my in-car connection) and 'Forget This Device'
2) Deleted my iPhone from my F150's bluetooth device list
3) On iPhone, went to 'Settings>Reset>Reset Network Settings'
4) Once reset, I re-paired the iPhone to Sync again. Paired succesfully.
5) Everything seems to be working as it was before having the Apple watch linked to my iPhone (ie. audio over bluetooth working again, voice navigation working again both in Bluetooth media mode and while in radio mode (HFP prompts working). Seems to be all working normally again! Hope it stays that way!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I think I found a way to fix it... hopefully it stays "fixed" and this isn't a temporary fix...

1) Went into Settings>Bluetooth and selected "Sync" (my in-car connection) and 'Forget This Device'
2) Deleted my iPhone from my F150's bluetooth device list
3) On iPhone, went to 'Settings>Reset>Reset Network Settings'
4) Once reset, I re-paired the iPhone to Sync again. Paired succesfully.
5) Everything seems to be working as it was before having the Apple watch linked to my iPhone (ie. audio over bluetooth working again, voice navigation working again both in Bluetooth media mode and while in radio mode (HFP prompts working). Seems to be all working normally again! Hope it stays that way!

i dont have sync or a ford but sometimes audio profiles get confused when you have multiple Bluetooth devices connected sometimes re pairing them fixes it or playing a song on the phone and selecting where you want the audio to go fixes it also.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
i dont have sync or a ford but sometimes audio profiles get confused when you have multiple Bluetooth devices connected sometimes re pairing them fixes it or playing a song on the phone and selecting where you want the audio to go fixes it also.

Yeah - bluetooth connectivity issues seems to be a recurring problem between watch/iphone/vehicles.... I tried those steps you described, but nothing worked until I reset all network settings to get the bluetooth audio working correctly again... we'll see over the next week or so if it is stays fixed...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2