Apple Watch Stuck on Lock Screen

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I updated to watch os 2.0.1 last night and downloaded iOS 9.1 on my iPhone 6S plus.

This morning I left for work and looked at my watch and it says "device locked unlock iPhone to start using Apple Watch".

I have tried to reset the watch by pressing the crown and side button for 10 seconds multiple times. I am still stuck at the lock screen of the Apple Watch.

I went through the Apple Watch app on my iPhone and unpaired the watch and now it is at start page asking me to "pair my watch" but the watch is still stuck on the lock screen.

I've checked Apple discussion pages and haven't found anything to work, any suggestions?

(I do have my work email, exchange, on my iPhone not sure if that is an actual cause of this issue or not)

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I am still stuck at the lock screen of the Apple Watch.

I went through the Apple Watch app on my iPhone and unpaired the watch and now it is at start page asking me to "pair my watch" but the watch is still stuck on the lock screen.

Does stuck at the lock screen mean that you can't even tap on the screen and get the passcode screen?

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Does stuck at the lock screen mean that you can't even tap on the screen and get the passcode screen?

Correct. Before I unpaired the watch via the watch app, the lock screen settings were stuck at this: ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1445632002.328148.jpg

Constantly spinning and could never get around it.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
So you couldn't get past the lock screen on the watch AND you couldn't make adjustments on the Watch app on your phone? And were you wearing the watch (since iphone unlock requires that)?

(Sorry if these are dumb questions. I'm just trying to understand better.)

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
So you couldn't get past the lock screen on the watch AND you couldn't make adjustments on the Watch app on your phone? And were you wearing the watch (since iphone unlock requires that)?

(Sorry if these are dumb questions. I'm just trying to understand better.)

I couldn't get past the lock screen on the watch - correct

I couldn't make adjustments on the watch app on iPhone - correct

I was wearing the watch (still am ) - correct

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure you've tried this, but if you haven't, kill the iphone app (double tap, swipe up) and then restart it to see if you can activate the unlock with iphone option.

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you've tried this, but if you haven't, kill the iphone app (double tap, swipe up) and then restart it to see if you can activate the unlock with iphone option.

Just tried that, no luck. The issue is with the watch mainly. The watch still shows my customized wallpaper and has not done anything all day. It is keeping the correct time but that's all.

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I was able to put watch on charger and from the screen where you would power it off, held down on "power off" button and it gave additional menu to "erase all content and settings". Better than nothing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro