Apple Watch Notification Question

I

iMore Question

Is there a way to get IMESSAGE or other notifications on the watch when IPhone is being used for an app like WAZE for directions? I keep my Iphone docked when using WAZE on the road to see the map but miss IMessages, etc. Thanks

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Apple Watch is designed to be a complementary/subordinate product to your iPhone. This means when your iPhone is active and in use, it does not send notifications to your watch.

Apple did this minimize battery drain on the watch when it's not necessary.

samsonib6

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. That's what I thought but was hoping for another answer. I wish they would put a toggle for this. Most of the time this is great but there are times when I would like to get notified even though the phone is active..like using Waze for driving directions. Maybe sometime in the future this will be an option.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. That's what I thought but was hoping for another answer. I wish they would put a toggle for this. Most of the time this is great but there are times when I would like to get notified even though the phone is active..like using Waze for driving directions. Maybe sometime in the future this will be an option.

This is something I'd like to see also, for that very reason! My phone also doesn't sleep when listening to podcasts, music, etc., when plugged in, so I miss them there too if I don't hit the power button to make it sleep.