Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 4 Post By dchandler
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Apple Watch - Contemplating buying and need some guidance!

Hello everyone,

I just set up a new account, recommended this from another forum!

So, ever since it came out I've wanted an Apple Watch. So far I haven't managed to justify the purchase, but being an Apple disciple and also getting a large bonus from work I'm now in the position to buy.

To me, the Apple Watch is all about style, I love the interchangeable bands and also have a very small wrist so 38mm is good enough for me. What my problem is, is apart from it looking good on my wrist, what it actually does.

I've tried googling but was looking for first hand information. I play a lot of sports, so a watch that echoes the usability of Fitbit in terms of tracking is essential. Also to store pictures and videos maybe. But mostly I'm using it as a fitness device (no, I don't want a Fitbit)

So does anyone have any reviews of the Apple Watch and what it actually does? I'm really keen to hear them before I go out and take the plunge.

Default Re: Apple Watch - Contemplating buying and need some guidance!

The Apple Watch is not just a beautiful device it can change the way you use your phone. Lol this is how I feel anyway. But here is a link to help you out. http://m.imore.com/apple-watch

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

485 Posts

The watch is excellent for fitness tracking but it isn't really designed as storage for pictures and videos.

My favorite use is the modular type face. At a glance I can see my upcoming appointments, the weather, date and time. This is totally customizable but that's what I prefer. If I don't have any more events I'll usually switch to weather.