The gift of an Apple Watch

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Hi!

Has anyone given the Apple Watch (in any of its forms) as a gift yet?

I just bought my second Apple Watch, a 42 mm Space Grey Sport with black sport band, for my dear ol' dad.

At first he was like ?No!! No that's too expensive you don't have to do that!?

But I managed to convince him that I really wanted to do it and that I am capable of handling my finances at 40.

Then when I showed it to him we spent about 30 minutes with him asking ?How do I do this? How do I do that??

At the end I tried to show him the ?time travel? feature and realized that the watch I bought didn't come with 2.0 installed so we stopped and put the watch down on it's charger so it could update and he told me all about his and my mom's trip to Branson MO where they watched ten different performances in eight days of their vacation (and they worry about me spending money)!

It was a lot of fun showing my dad how to set up and use his new ?toy?, and it got me wondering if anybody else is out there spreading the Apple Watch love?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That was VER NICE and thoughtful of you, but more important was the the Quality time spent with DAD.
I wish someone would buy me an Apple watch....SMILE
I'm sure he will ENJOY it. Introduce him to iMore.

andrwstw

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to get my sister an Apple Watch for Christmas, and I'm also looking forward to bonding over something cool. She's a teacher and a hiker/runner, so I think she'll love both the productivity and fitness elements.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone given the Apple Watch (in any of its forms) as a gift yet?

No, but not from lack of trying. My wife told me she wanted a Fitbit. I tried and tried to convince her to get AW instead. But no, she bought a Fitbit and so far she's happy with it. Meanwhile, I still have no one to send heartbeats to. :cool:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No, but not from lack of trying. My wife told me she wanted a Fitbit. I tried and tried to convince her to get AW instead. But no, she bought a Fitbit and so far she's happy with it. Meanwhile, I still have no one to send heartbeats to. :cool:

I have a solution...Buy me the AW instead and you can send all the heartbeats your HEART desires (no pun intended)....LOL...SMILE

loveseyecandy

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I got my watch 3 weeks ago from my husband he knew I been wanting one since they came out! But here is one question do u have to be near someone to send heartbeats too? But I don't know anyone who has an Apple Watch I want to try it so bad also the doodle do u have to be near someone?

gmabev

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
You do not need to be near the person but they have to have an Apple Watch as well. You all also have to be in each other's friends circle on the watches.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have been considering getting my girlfriend an Apple Watch (so she cant say she missed my texts.... Ha, just kidding. Sorta) The only downside is she has never really worn a watch and I don't know if the Apple Watch would make her start.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2