ETA on a second gen watch?

evergreenguy

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, I was wondering if there is any sort of ETA as to when a new watch would be released? I currently have a MS Band as I came over to the iphone side after being on windows phone since my first smartphone.

The new band got announced and its 50$ more so I'm beginning to spend, why not just spend another 100ish dollars to get an apple watch with a lot more options, especially with my iphone. But I don't want to get one if another generation of apple watches will come out within the next 6 months.

Also how do you guys like your watches?

Thanks in advance!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There's only rumors as to when the next Watch will release...

If you want one - just get it now...if you keep waiting for the next one, you'll never have the current one...

I quite like mine... it's been a motivation for me to be more active...

evergreenguy

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
It depends if I can justify the $350! Gonna go try it out in store sometime next week and see how I like it! It's nice but usually second gen is better. What are the rumors if you don't mind me asking? :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I was also trying to hold out for the next gen AppleWatch, but now I want the Space Gray Sport to match my Space Gray 6s Plus.....I'm not so sure about waiting on the 2nd gen AppleWatch anymore...SMILE

Last edited:

evergreenguy

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Haha, well I'm a college student so I really have to justify spending money on tech. But man do I love cool tech. :p My bank account drains.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The only rumor I've read was mid or late 2016. But it's just that a rumor.
I really enjoy wearing my Apple Watch. It's fun offers some convenience. Notifications are helpful. At times I'm less dependant on the phone. Just a great device to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evergreenguy

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your help! Do you guys know how good apple's or best buy's return policy is with the apple watch? I want to try it out but I'm still not sure if I can justify spending the money on it. If I buy it and take it out of the box and set it up and then decide I don't like it and put it all in the box the way it came in can I return it?

evergreenguy

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Turns out I have a friend who has an apple watch that I can buy off him for less! Gonna buy it. Asked this on another thread but can I get apple care on it even though he bought the watch without it months ago?

evergreenguy

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Dang...well I'm getting it for a steal ($150 for a 42mm sport). Hopefully if something happens it wont be too expensive to fix. It is apple though...Thanks for your help!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Dang...well I'm getting it for a steal ($150 for a 42mm sport). Hopefully if something happens it wont be too expensive to fix. It is apple though...Thanks for your help!

It's still covered by the 1 year warranty but not for accidental damage. If a hardware issue of some kind happens it's covered.

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your help! Do you guys know how good apple's or best buy's return policy is with the apple watch? I want to try it out but I'm still not sure if I can justify spending the money on it. If I buy it and take it out of the box and set it up and then decide I don't like it and put it all in the box the way it came in can I return it?

Apple's is 14 days and Best Buys return policy is 15 days.

evergreenguy

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
It's still covered by the 1 year warranty but not for accidental damage. If a hardware issue of some kind happens it's covered.

Yeah, I figured that would be the case...it's accidental damage that I'm worried about. Looking at cases and screen protectors so hopefully that'll keep it safe. Really wish I could get apple care on it though.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711