Pairing Question

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I never thought about this until now, but when I get my 6S+ and recover my backup will my watch be paired with my new device from the backup or will I need to re-pair the devices ??

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Here's what you do... When you get the new phone in your hands... First Update the new phone iOS to 9.0.1... Then Unpair your watch from the old phone... Then do an encrypted backup of the old phone via iTunes to your computer... Then set up the new phone, and restore the backup and sync to iTunes... Then pair the watch to the new phone...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition to what's already been stated, I recommend you do a backup of the old phone before you unpair it from your Watch. By doing so, your current watch setup will also get backed up and be available for restore once you've updated the new iPhone to iOS 9.01 and paired your Watch to it.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Here's what you do... When you get the new phone in your hands... First Update the new phone iOS to 9.0.1... Then Unpair your watch from the old phone... Then do an encrypted backup of the old phone via iTunes to your computer... Then set up the new phone, and restore the backup and sync to iTunes... Then pair the watch to the new phone...

Thanks guys, I figured it was something along those lines, I wasn't sure if it would be included in backup or not when it came to pairing... now is it 8am tomorrow morning yet... the wait for these 6S+'s is giving me anxiety lol

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Just to be certain, the encrypted backup via iTunes can also be a backup to iCloud since that is also encrypted and thus preserves health data, etc. Right?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods