Battery life with Watch OS2

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
technically spot on - from an end user perspective, the last thing they want a feature referred to is a "complication" - 'noun: a circumstance that complicates something; a difficulty."

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
technically spot on - from an end user perspective, the last thing they want a feature referred to is a "complication" - 'noun: a circumstance that complicates something; a difficulty."

That's what it is for timepieces any timepiece. Complications.
You buy any watch with more than a simple face it's a complication.
End users have been buying watches and timepieces throughout history with complications used in the description of the piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Same thing here. First time I ever saw 10%. I just read that the reason for the software delay last week was because of a problem they found which massively drained battery. I wonder if they never really corrected it.

miguelo45

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Horrible. Used to have >65% by this time (10pm) after watchOS 2 is on 20%. Ridiculous. There has been no changes in the amount of usage

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
No real change in battery life for me. 16 hours and at 32% which is about the same as every night at this time. That is with two workout periods, 3 hours total.

djmuzi

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
today 7:00am I toock my watch away from the charger and at 11am I had 32% left... horrible ... I did only one short walk of about 30 minutes and tracked it as outdoor walk. I had the New York time laps wallpaper on. When my watch arrived at 55% I choose the simple watchface but it didn't help, the battery dropped for one hour to 32%... Very bad... trying to reset not, bit it takes ages... so I hardresettet. lets see it it helps...

djmuzi

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
after the reset and setup as a new watch I installed almost no apps (only runtastic I think) and after 1 hour of use including 20 minutes workout only 5% battery usage compared to 30% before reset.
So do a complete reset, set up as new and for the first time don't install too many apps.

trifster

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I reset my watch last night, set it up as new (not from back) and reconfigured all the settings how i like. Charged to 100% this morning and im seeing normal battery life again. its nearly 11am and I'm only down to 88%. I'm guessing there is some odd upgrade issue with the battery drain. I suggest doing a full reset (erase all content and settings) then setup as a new Watch.

csal80

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Unpair and pair seems to have solved the problem for me. Thank god because I am really enjoying the speed improvements of the new os.

stefp

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
The first day after updating it did seem to run down quicker to me but now it's back to the good battery life of before.

geekymcfly

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Apple Watch today loaded 2.0 and I'm having nothing but problems. My battery drops 15% within an hour. Asking Siri to play a song always gets a result of "hmm, I'm having trouble playing that. If you aren't on Wi-Fi, make sure cellular data is enabled," but the song ends up playing anyway. I unpaired the device, repaired it, reset my network settings on my 6+ and finally reset the phone. I'm disappointed so far.

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I just experienced this myself. Took the watch off the charger at 830pm and by lunch time (2am) it was down to 30%. I happened to have the charger with me and I charged it up to 90+% and now it is at 6%. This is with light usage. I'm going to try to reset unpaid and setup again and hopefully that fixes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm very pleased with the battery life. Checked last night after 15 hours including 120 minutes in various workouts and had 45% left.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
For the most part, battery life seems about 5% better with Watch OS2 for me. After 11 hours today, I'm at 65% remaining on a very lazy day. This past week, I've gone to bed with over 50% remaining at least twice. I don't think I've ever seen that prior to OS2. Last night, I had 45% remaining with 50+ Move minutes on the Activity app. Again, slightly better than normal for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice