No battery level indicator

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Am I missing something??? If I put one of my photos on the watch face there is no battery level indicators?? What is Apple thinking?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing something??? If I put one of my photos on the watch face there is no battery level indicators?? What is Apple thinking?

Some of the watch faces do not allow complications. There apps that you can add and monitor battery via the Glance.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
With a photo it would be hard to see a complication. So I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That's an essential piece of information that should be available. Why should I be forced to get another bloatware app so I can tell if my watch needs to be charged? I would like to know what the reason for that omission was.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You are not "forced to get another bloatware app...". Use a different watch face. It's not rocket science.

Apple - Apple Watch - Feedback

It's not rocket science to understand that I choose to view my photos and be able to see if my watch is running out of juice at the same time rather than switching between apps. I think it would be easy to see a little icon in the top corner of the watch superimposed on a photo.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's not rocket science to understand that I choose to view my photos and be able to see if my watch is running out of juice at the same time rather than switching between apps. I think it would be easy to see a little icon in the top corner of the watch superimposed on a photo.

That's why I provided a feedback link for Apple. Life is about choices and trade-offs. Unless you can get the manufacturer to tweak the design or change the specs, you have to choose between the available options.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I missed the link. I guess participating in the beta programs is also a good idea.

yankeebhoy

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
That's an essential piece of information that should be available. Why should I be forced to get another bloatware app so I can tell if my watch needs to be charged? I would like to know what the reason for that omission was.

You could use the battery glance. It's rather easy. I never use the battery complication myself.

RichChestmat

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Why not take a photo of the battery level glance by pressing the side button and digital crown? Then set that as the photo background. Best of both worlds, plus your battery level won't ever dip!

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
With the Pebble I could create a watch face that was a photo, choose where the time was displayed and add "complications" such as phone and watch battery % remaining along with date and temp. Certainly miss that flexibility but obviously the picture looks better in the full color nice Apple Watch screen.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You could use the battery glance. It's rather easy. I never use the battery complication myself.

This is your best option. The glance will tell you the battery level and there is a stock glance for all the stock complications. So you can use a photo face and still have access to the info you want.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods