Custom Apple Watch Complications Tracker

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
With watchOS 2 Apple has made it easier than ever to create custom complications. As a result we're bound to see some really cool stuff hit the screen of our Apple Watches.

If you have a custom complication you'd like to share, go ahead and list it here. Make sure you share a few words on WHY you like the complication so much. Go!

Last edited:

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
tumbleweed.jpg

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I dont even know what one is ?

A complication?

It's a term that comes from mechanical watches. It's the extra 'dial' or 'dials' on a watch face that provides a function that's usually different from the hour and minutes hands. It can be the day and/or date or as on a chronograph, elapsed hours and minutes.

As you can see on the Apple Watch (or other smartwatches?) it can be the weather, stocks, additional time zone, etc.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Speaking of complications- I want to put a digital time complication in the bottom of the wOS3 activity watch face, without a city, to match the analog time. It can be done in other positions on other watch faces.

Any ideas? I'm going to look at the App Store.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of complications- I want to put a digital time complication in the bottom of the wOS3 activity watch face, without a city, to match the analog time. It can be done in other positions on other watch faces.

Any ideas? I'm going to look at the App Store.

In Watch app settings, My Watch \ Clock \ City Abbreviations, can you change the monogram being used to blank or spaces?

jmerrey

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I think you can just put a space and it will be blank. If I remember correctly, you can't just leave it blank, you have to put a space there.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have not tried a space... But I labeled mine with  and that is what it shows on the complication ??????

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I wish you could add the two extra complications in the upper corners to the photo face, like a lot of faces have. Would make it much more useful. I feel like it should be an option. If you don't want to use them, you don't have to, but give those of us that want them the option.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I wish you could add the two extra complications in the upper corners to the photo face, like a lot of faces have. Would make it much more useful. I feel like it should be an option. If you don't want to use them, you don't have to, but give those of us that want them the option.

Is that still not an option? Dammit. I thought that was the whole point of custom faces.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I don't remember the Photo Watch face getting additional complications. I'll pay more attention on my next Keynote viewing. Maybe it was shown in a beta?

But I think the phone should be mainly that— a photo and the time and maybe the date. In fact I'd like to see the time a little smaller so as not to overlap on some of my pics.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
There are a bunch of new complications coming. I'm not sure if they are part of Watch OS5 and available to everyone or if the new ones are limited to AW4. Probably a mix. Regardless, maybe it will finally be time for this thread to come to life!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It would be great if we could select where the complications were on the Photo Watch Face! I would like three.... time, date and Temp. And I agree that it would be nice if the time was a bit smaller!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner