Error when checking for update

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
All night when I click the software update button on the Apple Watch all I get is a spinning icon then an error asking if I would like to retry claiming I'm not connected to the Internet. I get the same message while on wifi or cellular. Tried closing the app and restarting my phone but no luck.

I'm guessing it could be days/weeks before the update rather than hours like I was hoping.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes I've tried restarting my watch. It's functioning fine otherwise. Here's a screen shot of the error.

Thought the update might only be delayed hours because of the Apple executive that said it would be rolling out "shortly" which I know is an undefined term. iMoreAppImg_20150917_092255.jpg

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
What's weird for me is all day yesterday and this morning, while checking for OS updates, it would say 1.0.1 was the current OS. Starting this afternoon I've been receiving this error, too. Wonder what's going on.

EDIT: as of 7:39 eastern, it's now back to saying 1.0.1 is the current version for me.

Last edited:

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I was actually more excited for Watch OS2 than I was for iOS 9, so I hope they at least give us some kind of update of when we can expect it soon. Def rather have it bug free so happy they pulled it, but have never seen that happen before with them for an announced, dated update.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what's up. Maybe there's something timing out on the phone? I'm now back to that error. However, if I reboot the phone (even simply turning off/on) then I get the regular "1.0.1 is the current version" message.

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Yea, some prognosticators are predicting about a weeks delay, although no one really knows until Apple releases the update. I'm sure iMore will keep us informed and it will be a headline item when it occurs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro