Watch OS2 GM available to developers

ilario_seb

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Nope...

Did you also update your Phone to the GM? If so did you Update or Restore and if the later did you encrypt your backup? Only encrypted backups store health data.

Yes, i have update both the devices the same day to the GM, but i've update the iPhone i haven't restore it, anyway my local backups are codified/encrypted (you can see it from the attachment, sorry for the Italian picture). I can see the data from the Health app and only the sessions are disappears, my Activity ring are there.

Attachments

• Schermata 2015-09-11 alle 22.26.52.png
    Schermata 2015-09-11 alle 22.26.52.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 53

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes, i have update both the devices the same day to the GM, but i've update the iPhone i haven't restore it, anyway my local backups are codified/encrypted (you can see it from the attachment, sorry for the Italian picture). I can see the data from the Health app and only the sessions are disappears, my Activity ring are there.

No worries about your Italian ;)

I would try to unpair and re-pair the watch.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Un-pairing and re-pairing is a normal process and is safe as long as your phone and watch are sufficiently charged or better - connected to power.

ilario_seb

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Just finished the procedure and nothing change. I think that the problem is in the iPhone because all the activity data are here. I will try to sleep on it and move on, seems that I can't do anything for restore the data.

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
The Watch has no GPS of its own... it relies on the phone it's paired to for GPS data.

I know that. Wasn't what I meant. The exercise app is wildly inaccurate with distances because it only connects to the phone's GPS periodically. Distances for a run can be off as much as 1/4-1/2 of a mile which is a lot. I'm hoping they did something to fix the accuracy.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I need to try again to verify... I think the issue I've had with the Workout app and getting time recorded using anything other than the 'Other' workout may be resolved... Tried an 'Outdoor walk' a bit ago and got credit for it recorded in the Activity app...first time for that. :)

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I know that. Wasn't what I meant. The exercise app is wildly inaccurate with distances because it only connects to the phone's GPS periodically. Distances for a run can be off as much as 1/4-1/2 of a mile which is a lot. I'm hoping they did something to fix the accuracy.

The accuracy is off, but you have to take your phone with you on a few runs so it can learn your stride pattern.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I need to try again to verify... I think the issue I've had with the Workout app and getting time recorded using anything other than the 'Other' workout may be resolved... Tried an 'Outdoor walk' a bit ago and got credit for it recorded in the Activity app...first time for that. :)
Upon further review... A 3 mile walk in an hour only counted as 8 minutes exercise using the 'OutdoorWalk' workout on the watch... I'd like to know how that works... :confused: I'll go back to using the "Other" workout for everything...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Upon further review... A 3 mile walk in an hour only counted as 8 minutes exercise using the 'OutdoorWalk' workout on the watch... I'd like to know how that works... :confused: I'll go back to using the "Other" workout for everything...

Did you have your iPhone with you?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Just today after several
Days on 2.0 had rapid battery drain .. I can also notice because it won't charge as fast it will take for ever.. I did a hard reset and removed a app that I think was the issue after that so far all seems to be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR