Watch OS2 GM available to developers

gdruin74

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
anyone else seeing terrible battery life? was getting well over a day on previous beta. have lost 40% in 3 hours with same use.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the beta profile on my watch... and it downloaded and installed via my phone - said it was the GM... 13S343 is the build...

I'm installing it at this very moment before I head jump in the shower and head out the door. Beta 5 was awesome on my Watch and I expect the GM to be likewise.

seankly

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
75% battery with normal usage all day. Battery was excellent on Beta 5 and just as good if not better now.

It's always better to un-pair and re-pair your watch to your phone if you find battery issues. Also have a look at what apps you have running.

I'm on GM IOS 9 too (if that matters?)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
anyone else seeing terrible battery life? was getting well over a day on previous beta. have lost 40% in 3 hours with same use.

Nope. It's been 2 hours since since installing and putting it on my wrist, and my battery is still at 100%.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
79% off the charger for 8 hours in an area with almost no reception. Seems pretty good to me.

Also, it seems to tracking fitness better I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 6th hour and have only dropped 10%. Wow! I have 90% remaining charge. I think it's safe to say that battery life is excellent on 'my' Watch...

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

I did today. Normally I have about 50% at the end of the day with last Beta, but today it gave me 10% warning late afternoon. I unpaired and repaired just now, hope it helps

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I did today. Normally I have about 50% at the end of the day with last Beta, but today it gave me 10% warning late afternoon. I unpaired and repaired just now, hope it helps

I bet it will. Could be a specific app as well. If it happens again try to take out 3rd party apps / glances. to narrow it down. I have very few 3rd party apps and don't use a lot of glances. I am getting 3% per hour. This is improved over last version which was good.

I swear the simple face killed my battery in a previous release. No one here had the issue. Saw one other similar speculation on a google search.

Hope it works out.

Cheers.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I bet it will. Could be a specific app as well. If it happens again try to take out 3rd party apps / glances. to narrow it down. I have very few 3rd party apps and don't use a lot of glances. I am getting 3% per hour. This is improved over last version which was good.

I swear the simple face killed my battery in a previous release. No one here had the issue. Saw one other similar speculation on a google search.

Hope it works out.

Cheers.

Fingers crossed

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
949b3dc6117a76808fa024a69880ffd6.jpg

Same 14 and half hours. Each beta has been getting better with the tracking via the Activity app. I'm on my feet all day working in concrete buildings with minimal AC. And multiple stories means climbing concrete stairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilario_seb

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I just installed the GM a few hours back, I was expecting that the watchOS 2 should allow the Watch to play music trough it's own speaker, or am I wrong?

pranav9

May 20, 2015
Visit site
You can play music via the Watch's inbuilt speaker, from glances play some music using the remote and then go to settings and press the Airplay icon and choose Apple Watch

ilario_seb

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
You can play music via the Watch's inbuilt speaker, from glances play some music using the remote and then go to settings and press the Airplay icon and choose Apple Watch

It doesn't work for me, i play some music from glances, the music starts from iPhone and from settings the Airplay icon it's black and i can't click on it. I have also try do it from Music App on the apple watch, i forced touch the display and chose Apple Watch but it keep saying that i have to connect a bluethoot headphones for play music via Apple Watch. Can you please help me with this situation?

pranav9

May 20, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't work for me, i play some music from glances, the music starts from iPhone and from settings the Airplay icon it's black and i can't click on it. I have also try do it from Music App on the apple watch, i forced touch the display and chose Apple Watch but it keep saying that i have to connect a bluethoot headphones for play music via Apple Watch. Can you please help me with this situation?

For some reason, mines stopped too. Maybe you need to be on the same wifi network? my office wifi is a bit cranky, will try at home an report back

ilario_seb

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
For some reason, mines stopped too. Maybe you need to be on the same wifi network? my office wifi is a bit cranky, will try at home an report back

I don't think so, i have tried with same wifi, with no wifi at all and disconnecting the iphone.
What about the audio recording indeed? I don't see the app but i'm pretty sure that i can record vocal note with this upgrade

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Did they do anything new with the stock workout app? Specifically better GPS accuracy for outdoor running/walking?