Acitivity App - Summary Information?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
In the very informative article Apple Watch and activity tracking: 5 things you need to know! (sorry I can't post links yet) by Allyson Kazmucha, she says:

There is also a more robust version of the Activity app available on your iPhone. This lets you see a more complete picture of your activity, including weekly and monthly overviews.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to see weekly and monthly overviews.

In Allyson's companion article, How to track athletic progress and achievements with Activity for iPhone, she says:

1. Launch the Activity app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the History tab to view a detailed breakdown of your activity, including workouts.
3. Tap on the Month view in the top left corner to easily tab through weeks and months.

When I launch the Activity app on my iPhone and then tap on the History tab, the only thing in the top left corner is the date 2015. There is nothing to tap that gives a weekly or monthly view. There is a calendar type icon in the top right corner, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I would dearly love to get weekly and monthly summaries of my workouts as I currently enter all my runs manually into Garmin Connect. What am I failing to see???? Any assistance appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In the very informative article Apple Watch and activity tracking: 5 things you need to know! (sorry I can't post links yet) by Allyson Kazmucha, she says:

There is also a more robust version of the Activity app available on your iPhone. This lets you see a more complete picture of your activity, including weekly and monthly overviews.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to see weekly and monthly overviews.

In Allyson's companion article, How to track athletic progress and achievements with Activity for iPhone, she says:

1. Launch the Activity app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the History tab to view a detailed breakdown of your activity, including workouts.
3. Tap on the Month view in the top left corner to easily tab through weeks and months.

When I launch the Activity app on my iPhone and then tap on the History tab, the only thing in the top left corner is the date 2015. There is nothing to tap that gives a weekly or monthly view. There is a calendar type icon in the top right corner, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I would dearly love to get weekly and monthly summaries of my workouts as I currently enter all my runs manually into Garmin Connect. What am I failing to see???? Any assistance appreciated.

When you initially tap on the Activity app on your iPhone, you are seeing today's information, but when you select "History" at the bottom left corner of the screen, you will then be in Month view. After that, if you select "Activity' in the upper right corner, you will see the words, "History View" with the option to view 'All-Day Activity' or 'Workouts'.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply JM,D! I think part of the problems is semantics. When Kazmucha says "overviews," I'm expecting summary information. For example, here's how much you ran this week or month. Instead, it's just different ways to access the individual days' data.

When you initially tap on the Activity app on your iPhone, you are seeing today's information, but when you select "History" at the bottom left corner of the screen, you will then be in Month view.

Got it. When I tap on History it presents a calendar view with all of the days of the month.

After that, if you select "Activity' in the upper right corner, you will see the words, "History View" with the option to view 'All-Day Activity' or 'Workouts'.

Here's where I'm at a loss. There is no button or icon in the upper right corner that says "Activity." What I have in the upper right hand corner is an icon for a calendar. Pressing it does nothing. As a result, I don't know how to access the "All-Day Activity" or "Workouts" to which you refer. Perhaps you could post a screenshot?

rws381

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Here's where I'm at a loss. There is no button or icon in the upper right corner that says "Activity." What I have in the upper right hand corner is an icon for a calendar. Pressing it does nothing. As a result, I don't know how to access the "All-Day Activity" or "Workouts" to which you refer. Perhaps you could post a screenshot?

Same. If this summary is available I'd love to know where it is.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner