Can't answer calls anymore

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else had this?

On the last couple of occasions someone has phoned me in the car, my phone and Watch have both started ringing. So far, so good. However, I'd normally take the call using the Watch under those circumstances - although legally-speaking I shouldn't take it at all :raised-eyebrow: - but tapping the green answer button no longer does anything. It's almost as if the Watch has lost touch sensitivity altogether on the 'phone answer' screen. I'm positive it has worked okay up until recently.

All other screens/glances seem to work fine - the skip forward/back music glance is a particular favourite of mine.

The Watch is still at stock 1.01 and my phone is 8.4.1 ...

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've only had my watch a few weeks so no issues yet. Maybe try a reset if you haven't already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Was the phone 'active' at the time? For example, in use for maps, Bluetooth music, etc? Because if the phone is unlocked, I believe it is the priority device, and the watch is thus secondary. This might explain the watch screen inoperability.

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Was the phone 'active' at the time? For example, in use for maps, Bluetooth music, etc? Because if the phone is unlocked, I believe it is the priority device, and the watch is thus secondary. This might explain the watch screen inoperability.

Must confess I hadn't thought of that eventuality - at the time, the phone was locked but WAS being used to play music ...

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Must confess I hadn't thought of that eventuality - at the time, the phone was locked but WAS being used to play music ...

Perhaps you've stumbled upon a flaw or loophole in the watchOS code. It might be time to perform an experiment...

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps you've stumbled upon a flaw or loophole in the watchOS code. It might be time to perform an experiment...

Indeed - I got a colleague in the office to phone my mobile ... picked it up on the Watch as normal. Got him to call me again, but this time I started music playing and locked the screen beforehand ... the Watch picked it up as normal.

That's that little theory knackered then :tongue: - maybe it was just me being hamfisted when trying to jab the green button in a moving car!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW