Not sure if it's getting replaced

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Unlike my phone my watch falls in the league with my iPad...doesn't need a yearly replacement. But I've found that it's a bit more of a pain. Notifications get a bit sketchy, watches are generally annoying, and I find that I have to wear it so it gets all my fitness tracking correctly. Imagine if I didn't account for those extra 100 steps prior to putting it on...that's forever logged as lazy. That redic 9' charge cord (why didn't they make the round charge pad on the cord plug into the Lightning connector for easy transport). Always turning on when driving, that damn steering wheel. And in general...a physical shackle to my tech.

I do like temporarily answering the phone when it's inconvenient (my wife loves calling as I'm parking a car), and getting notifications silently without the phone buzzing constantly but I just don't see this thing getting replaced. Timers and alarms are cool but it was gimmicky at best....but I'm looking forward to a nice clean wrist again.

Maybe 2.0 will change my mind. In the meantime I'm going to get excited for the iPhone 6S+...my yearly ritual.

cgordn83

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I have to agree with you. The Watch just wasn't for me...yet. It didn't save me that much time when I could just access my phone

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The real question is .. did you wear a watch before this ?

If not then that is why i think so many people have issues. Either you are a watch person or not. I don't think version 2 .. or 25 is going to change that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unlike my phone my watch falls in the league with my iPad...doesn't need a yearly replacement. But I've found that it's a bit more of a pain. Notifications get a bit sketchy, watches are generally annoying, and I find that I have to wear it so it gets all my fitness tracking correctly. Imagine if I didn't account for those extra 100 steps prior to putting it on...that's forever logged as lazy. That redic 9' charge cord (why didn't they make the round charge pad on the cord plug into the Lightning connector for easy transport). Always turning on when driving, that damn steering wheel. And in general...a physical shackle to my tech.

I do like temporarily answering the phone when it's inconvenient (my wife loves calling as I'm parking a car), and getting notifications silently without the phone buzzing constantly but I just don't see this thing getting replaced. Timers and alarms are cool but it was gimmicky at best....but I'm looking forward to a nice clean wrist again.

Maybe 2.0 will change my mind. In the meantime I'm going to get excited for the iPhone 6S+...my yearly ritual.

WatchOS 2.0 isn't going to do a darn thing for you in this regard. The Watch is clearly not for you, and that's okay because it is not for everyone. Having said that, put it up for sale and then go out and get the next iPhone when it is released. Oh, and you do not have to justify to anyone why you no longer want your Watch. I'm definitely not going to go to a forum and explain my rationale for deciding not to keep something I bought. It's no one's business but my own.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I haven't worn a watch in years. I think it depends on lifestyle. I do sales and service and love the watch when I'm on a service call to look at a text and reply or answer a quick call. I actually put my sim in my nexus for a couple day and I felt lost without my watch. I do agree this isn't a yearly upgrade device. I hope it will last two years for me but I also see where people come from that this isn't a must have product. I've also had android wear watch and can't stand it after using the apple watch.

clareberry

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I needed too...not sure if there are any more out there like me or I'm just a freak of nature.

When reading your post, I have to admit I rather feel the same way. I had a Pebble Steel that seemed to work better at relaying texts and email notifications. The weather app worked more reliably. Maybe I got a bum Apple Watch, but I am having a little bit of buyers remorse. A couple of times I have had to call for assistance with pairing to my phone and no one at Apple could explain the problem. Anyway, you are not a freak of nature, and it is appropriate to share your thoughts on this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro