Apple Watch Second Generation

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
For those of you that held out on buying the Apple Watch since it was a 1st gen product, are you likely to buy the 2nd gen watch because Apple will now have a better understanding on the changes they will need to make for a better product?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that held out on buying the Apple Watch since it was a 1st gen product, are you likely to buy the 2nd gen watch because Apple will now have a better understanding on the changes they will need to make for a better product?

woah woah woah can i get my first gen to work properly first before the second one is released LOL

I was going to hold out but im more of the live in the moment person..
Also i can always upgrade lol

I think the watch will improve just like ipads have .. i see apple making it thinner for sure

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site

I did buy the first gen and more than likely buy the rest of them that come out after. But on the other hand I'm really enjoying the first gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I already got the first edition and i like it. I was thinking about waiting but then changed my mind because I wanted it for exercise and the notifications. I can always upgrade in the future.

Considering size, I think Apple won't change much of the watch, think of the expensive bands. I think they will stay with that size and way of connecting with the watch. They could always go bigger of course! And thinner without changing the mechanism.

Personally I wanted UV sensor on the watch and that was why I hesitated first. Good to know if you're getting a sunburn when jogging, biking or going to the beach. Its not a feature that will make me upgrade instantly but would be nice.

JOSH_WH1TE

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I've been waiting out to buy the 2nd generation as I'm hoping that the watch will have some good improvements and be less reliant on the iPhone.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I just want one thing in the second generation: GPS, for accurate measurements while running and walking. Put that in and I'll get one.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I think it would be nice for the 2nd generation to accept a SIM card and be able to operate independently of an iPhone. Like the Gear S. In fact, I don't really know why the first gen couldn't do this but Samsung's first-gen couldn't do that either.

Having the OPTION to leave your phone at home or in the car and still get calls and notifications on thy wrist would not only be appreciated by many but a strong selling point.

from the Elegance

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any intentions of swapping Watches in the manner I swap iPhones. I use my Watch as a companion device only. What I do plan on swapping out are the bands....:)

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I am definitely thinking about it. If they make enough improvements for me to justify the upgrade, I will, but if there isn't much of a difference between 1st and 2nd gen, I won't be upgrading.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I just want one thing in the second generation: GPS, for accurate measurements while running and walking. Put that in and I'll get one.

Why can't the phone pass that info off to the watch, or are you wanting it to function independent of the phone?

Jean Sagarese

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
never good to leave electronics where they will get overheated and with my iPhone in my purse the watch rings and I can answer it right there. I am loving mine and already saving for the 2nd Generation

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Why can't the phone pass that info off to the watch, or are you wanting it to function independent of the phone?

I've read that the GPS isn't accurate when passed from the phone to the watch. I've been using the Microsoft Band since its launch last November, and GPS is spot-on compared to running apps. For serious runners, accuracy is everything, so watch GPS is a must in my book.

suprmanx7

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
In all seriousness, I agree gps is the one big missing piece of the pie for me too. If that's the case for the second gen i will def buy it as well.

jschu22

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Will all of you that are so interested in true GPS functionality going to be on with he necessary sacrifices in power usage? I completely understand the desire but it's going to come at a price.

suprmanx7

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Will all of you that are so interested in true GPS functionality going to be on with he necessary sacrifices in power usage? I completely understand the desire but it's going to come at a price.

Workout app comes with a price as well, the heartrate monitor is on continuously and the screen stays on for a longer time.
GPS would be great if its limited in use to certain functions such as workout/running apps, maps, uber etc.
For runners or active people, this would be understood and a benefit as gps would mean no longer having to take your phone with you while working out.

jschu22

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Oh I completely understand but I think many don't realize the significant battery drain that an active GPS connection will cause. It happens with the Microsoft band and the 15 or 16 people that own that watch know what I'm talking about.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I
Oh I completely understand but I think many don't realize the significant battery drain that an active GPS connection will cause. It happens with the Microsoft band and the 15 or 16 people that own that watch know what I'm talking about.

I managed to do a marathon (5 hours) with the Band - turned off notifications and the screen (other than getting an update each time I hit one mile), had the GPS running the entire time, and it worked great. I would assume that I could do the same thing with the Watch: turn off all notifications except those I need for running. That said, Apple definitely would be wise to improve the battery in Watch 2.

jschu22

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I

I managed to do a marathon (5 hours) with the Band - turned off notifications and the screen (other than getting an update each time I hit one mile), had the GPS running the entire time, and it worked great. I would assume that I could do the same thing with the Watch: turn off all notifications except those I need for running. That said, Apple definitely would be wise to improve the battery in Watch 2.

I'm not saying it can't be done, just requires some compromise and additional actions by the user. One of the things I despise about Android battery discussions is how accepting some are of having to "turn off this" and "turn off that".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods