Watch OS 2 beta 5 available to developers

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Watch OS 2 beta 4 available to developers

Really well, more stable than the previous betas, haven't run into any issues yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Alright, against my better judgment, I went ahead an installed WatchOS 2 beta 4. I've had it installed now for about 5 or 6 hours, and I've yet to have any reboots, crashes, freeze-ups, etcetera. In fact, everything is working as it should, and the battery life appears to be pretty much the same as with WatchOS 1.01. My apps work and hopefully, this experience will continue.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Alright, against my better judgment, I went ahead an installed WatchOS 2 beta 4. I've had it installed now for about 5 or 6 hours, and I've yet to have any reboots, crashes, freeze-ups, etcetera. In fact, everything is working as it should, and the battery life appears to be pretty much the same as with WatchOS 1.01. My apps work and hopefully, this experience will continue.

I think Apple has been doing really well betas this time around, minimal issues. I figured my battery life based off a rough estimate after I got off work and it figured to around 28.5 hours total lifespan, which is still really good. As I said though, I'll give it a couple days to see if it's just from the update process.

kchris78

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

I've updated my Watch from 1.0.1 to watchOS2 beta4. My battery life is very bad, in 90minutes it went down from 100% to 75%... Do you have any idea what to do? Reset/unpair,etc?

(in addition, the watch is lagging too..)

Last edited:

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

I've updated my Watch from 1.0.1 to watchOS2 beta4. My battery life is very bad, in 90minutes it went down from 100% to 75%... Do you have any idea what to do? Reset/unpair,etc?

I would wait it out for a day to see if it gets better. Phones at least, sometimes take a couple of days after a new version to settle out. Or un-pair and setup as new. That helped me on b2.

Hope it works out.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Unpair and then pair again

suprmanx7

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Unpair and then pair again

Second this. Especially if you are restoring from a back up of the watch. I would just install as new.
Issue being, the 1.0.1 backup might have stuff in it that might create problems for the current os.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to have to troubleshoot after work, my watch blacked out, had to hard reset it and now it won't stay connected to my phone. Just out of the blue, no reason for it.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

More sad news, I tried unpairing my watch to to repair it, no go, the watch didn't take it, however the app did. Now I'm stuck in Bluetooth limbo.

kchris78

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

This was the solution. Installed as new. Now with some lagging but the battery life is like v1.0.1!

kchris78

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

Is there a feedback to apple for watchOS beta4? I'd have several notes:
-pinging the phone is not working
-despite i set the brightness to the lowest value most of the times the display is very bright (brightest value)...

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Yeah...I'm going to have to try redoing the update, Bluetooth won't work on my Apple Watch. Even after I reset all settings and did more install.

woddy4090

May 1, 2015
Visit site

Yeah...I'm going to have to try redoing the update, Bluetooth won't work on my Apple Watch. Even after I reset all settings and did more install.

I had the same problem but I rebooted the phone then it connected to bluethooth

A_Hawkins

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

My Watch is constantly disconnected. None of 3rd party app work. Not a single of it. However, Apple apps works quite well and maybe even faster than 1.0.1.

Reset did not help. I reset as new (not restore from backup) 3 times already but it's still the same.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

My Watch is constantly disconnected. None of 3rd party app work. Not a single of it. However, Apple apps works quite well and maybe even faster than 1.0.1.

Reset did not help. I reset as new (not restore from backup) 3 times already but it's still the same.

I've had 'one' reboot that occurred yesterday while I was at work, but other than that, I've not had any issues with my apps. The 3rd-party apps I have on my Watch are minimal:

OneNote
Slack
NOAA Radar Pro
Gas Guru
Stocard

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Ok, some good news, finally got iOS 9 beta 4 downloaded and reinstalled it on my phone. Apple Watch connected, it's still restoring the backup and setting up, but hopefully I'm good now.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Keep the updates coming I still am not sure if I want to take the jump to beta on the watch lol

Amosbadamos

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Watch OS 2 beta 4 available to developers

I have updated to 2.0 following the instructions on this video. I have had some shut downs for no apparent reason. I think I may have updated since I followed the instructions on the video. Does anyone have any idea how to determine what beta version you are currently running. Perhaps it is coded into the version number in some way? Thanks!

redacted

Last edited by a moderator:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Small update, a few hours into having my Apple Watch back up and running, and the only issue I've run into was weather syncing to the watch. That fixed itself when I switched from wifi to data. Other than that, so far so good.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Hmm, no so good anymore, watch stopped receiving notifications again even though it says it's still connected, so does my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen