Watch OS 2 beta 5 available to developers

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Watch OS 2 beta 4 available to developers

Hmm, no so good anymore, watch stopped receiving notifications again even though it says it's still connected, so does my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reset the Watch, and then again for good measure. Afterwards, pair it with your iPhone and set it up as new. I did that after mine turned itself off while at work around the same time on two consecutive days, and I haven't had the issue since. In fact, the two shutoffs were the only problem I've had with WatchOS 2. The TV remote app issue is not even worth mentioning in this regard.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Reset the Watch, and then again for good measure. Afterwards, pair it with your iPhone and set it up as new. I did that after mine turned itself off while at work around the same time on two consecutive days, and I haven't had the issue since. In fact, the two shutoffs were the only problem I've had with WatchOS 2. The TV remote app issue is not even worth mentioning in this regard.

I've done that, what's weird though is I didn't get notifications for a few texts, but I received the tapatalk notification for being quoted.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I've done that, what's weird though is I didn't get notifications for a few texts, but I received the tapatalk notification for being quoted.

That is weird. Well, hopefully, it'll iron itself out.

sv115

May 24, 2015
Visit site

I found rebooting the phone resolves this issue when it has happens to me. Let me know.

seankly

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Installed and all seems fine so far. Obviously too early to see anything in terms of battery life but things can only be better eh?!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just finished installing WatchOS 2 Beta 5, and so far so good. The wrist turn feature is a tad more sensitive. Apps open a tad quicker, too.

kchris78

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Me too. Another positive change is the brightness level. Now it's ok, according to the lights - beta4 was far too strong most of the time.

seankly

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I've used this now since it was available and it has been great. No issues at all with this one...so far.

Silky smooth and everything seems to work without crashing etc. Battery life is back to the original OS1 standard lasting me almost two days.

iOS 9 beta 5 seems the best so far on the iPhone too!

Things are looking good. 👍🏻

roboats

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I've used this now since it was available and it has been great. No issues at all with this one...so far.

Silky smooth and everything seems to work without crashing etc. Battery life is back to the original OS1 standard lasting me almost two days.

iOS 9 beta 5 seems the best so far on the iPhone too!

Things are looking good. 👍🏻

How does it look? On a normal everyday watch is it worth it to upgrade to watchOS 2 b5, how stable? Is it glitchy?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Where I can find the link to download the beta 5, or I need to download just watch os and they auto update to beta 5?
It's available via Apple's developer portal...and if you're in the Developer Program, you'll know what to do.

Or... if you're adventurous... you'll need your iPhone running an iOS9 beta... you'll need to download the Watch configuration beta profile from a 3rd party source... use your iPhone to install that profile to our watch - then do the software update process via the Watch App on the iPhone...

Last edited:

seankly

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
The look of the OS isn't changed too much. Some tweaks by adding color to the fitness complication etc.

I haven't experienced any glitches, black screen or anything in fact that would stop me from recommending you to upgrade to os2 but everyone's experience seems to be different.

The new time lapse watch faces are nice, the Apple Music app is good.

I would go for it!

I'm not a developer btw and only have one watch as a daily driver.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox