Watch OS 2 beta 5 available to developers

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Developers - you know what to do...

Discuss observations, issues, work-arounds etc. here.

8/6/15 -- beta 5 available.

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Watch OS 2 beta 4 available to developers

hardest part about the watch beta is finding the cert to install so you can get the update lol

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

I haven't made an Apple Pay purchase yet but it appears to be functional again.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

all functions work ? i just dont want to do it if it has major issues because i know i cant go back lol

I would wait if you are on 1.0.1. We need to use it for a week to figure out what's broken. I personally have no battery issues like b1. But I don't use lots of apps and glances.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

I would wait if you are on 1.0.1. We need to use it for a week to figure out what's broken. I personally have no battery issues like b1. But I don't use lots of apps and glances.

sounds good to me ill keep a eye on the threads

suprmanx7

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Apple pay is back, so is heart rate monitor in workout app. So far its been ok on battery, but cant judge yet without a full day's use.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Haptic is back. File Transfers fixed. Siri launched from crown could show words that weren't spoken. Notes say use Hey Siri instead.

There are some code level problems mentioned that may still impact apps.

woddy4090

May 1, 2015
Visit site

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem, after updating to os2 /4 , watch has turned it self off for no reason and when I turn it back on it won't connect to the phone , I have to turn phone off and back on ! This has happened 4 times since last night !

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem, after updating to os2 /4 , watch has turned it self off for no reason and when I turn it back on it won't connect to the phone , I have to turn phone off and back on ! This has happened 4 times since last night !

I did have one random watch crash/reboot opening glances (that i had just added to). But it connected to phone without problem and all the glances worked.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Just had this trying to use Siri.

woddy4090

May 1, 2015
Visit site

I have been using simple watch face and there's been talk on other forums that it has crashed for others on that face , changed it to UTILITY now , see if it crashes ! Also the activity rings are coloured on utility face !! Don't remember seeing that before !

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Been running Beta 4 now for 24-hours. Thoughts:

Runs smooth. This is the first WatchOS Beta I've run because I heard nothing but horror stories from 1-3. Battery life seems to be okay, I disconnected it around 3 with 100% batter and came home around 11:30PM with 65% left. It's still a bit off from 1.0.1, but certainly can last all day. It did crash once out of the blue but I held the 2 buttons until it rebooted and all was well, no issues with pairing it again. The time-lapse watch faces get old really quickly, and I'm sure take a toll on battery so now I'm just running my old face. Other than that, I don't see too many new things to be overly excited about WatchOS 2. I'm sure they're in there, but nothing really sticks out just yet.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I seem to be getting horrible battery life on beta 4, 1.0.1 and the first three betas I would easily be only around 50% battery after being off he charger for 14-16 hours, but on beta 4 I'm down to 10-15% battery life. I'll give it a few more days to see what it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I seem to be getting horrible battery life on beta 4, 1.0.1 and the first three betas I would easily be only around 50% battery after being off he charger for 14-16 hours, but on beta 4 I'm down to 10-15% battery life. I'll give it a few more days to see what it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than the battery life, how is WatchOS 2 performing for you?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro