WatchOS public beta

seankly

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
I've already installed developer version of IOS 9 Beta 3 on my iPhone 6 which is working great.

When I saw that the public beta was available now I went and took a look at what was available and went through the process of registering and clicking on the 'Download Profile' button.

I was then prompted whether I wanted to install the profile to my iPhone or Watch.

I'm presuming this is WatchOS beta 3 the same as the developers version and if I install the public beta profile for my watch that is what I will end up with?

Has anybody tried the WatchOS public beta?

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Haven't installed the beta on the watch yet, it's working great with iOS 9 beta 3 so I will leave it alone for awhile

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I installed the Beta Profile on the my Watch - but going into the watch app on my phone does not show a beta as being available...

seankly

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
That's strange, perhaps the beta is coming soon for the watch?

Did it install the same as the previous developer watch OS?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't think there will be a public beta for watchOS, at least not until you can downgrade back to 1.0.1

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I installed the Beta Profile on the my Watch - but going into the watch app on my phone does not show a beta as being available...

Are you currently running the latest developer beta of WatchOS 2?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
i think it give you the option to install the profile where you want and it does not mean it will work for that device.
you need the watch profile to make the beta appear .
the ios 9 beta profile is made for the phone not the watch

but honestly after reading the issue with watch beta 3 .. heart rate not working sometimes etc... I think now im going to stay clear and keep 1.0.1

Marcio Pimenta

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I'm running iOS 9 Beta 3 (first Public Beta) on my iPhone 6. I installed the Beta Profile on the my Watch - but going into the watch app on my phone does not show a beta as being available... any clues? Thanks.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I'm running iOS 9 Beta 3 (first Public Beta) on my iPhone 6. I installed the Beta Profile on the my Watch - but going into the watch app on my phone does not show a beta as being available... any clues? Thanks.
There is no Public Beta for the watch that I'm aware of...

Marcio Pimenta

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Ok. I restored my iPhone to iOS 9 BETA 3 (Developer Version - Build 13A4293f).

How do I install the Watch Os 2 beta 3 (the only version that exists as you pointed)?

I'm following the instructions on Apple's developer site, but the Watch app on my iPhone still says that there is no update, even after installing the Beta Profile on my Watch. I saw an earlier post from you and I thought you have run thru the same issue:

"I installed the Beta Profile on the my Watch - but going into the watch app on my phone does not show a beta as being available..."

Have you been able to install it?

Thanks a lot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner