Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default My watch face doesn't stay "on"

In the last 2 days my Watch has gone to a quick flash of the time, and unresponsive to basic swipes on surface, then goes to black within about 2-3 seconds.
    Sunday and yesterday I connected to charger for a few minutes and that seemed to "reset".
    today, I am away from the charger, so can't do that. And the quick flash and nonresponsiveness has reoccurred.

Any ideas why? and how to correct?
    iMore Intermediate

122 Posts

Default Re: My watch face doesn't stay "on"

Try turning off and restart see if that helps, usually when these sort of thing happen on your phone this sort it so it may help with watch.
    iMore Guru

1,825 Posts

Try tilting your wrist a little bit more, toward you. You may not be having it tilted enough to fully register. I've had that happen to me a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

179 Posts

You might try changing the watch setting from raise-to-display to tap-to-display. I've done that on mine and have no issue with it. Besides being more battery friendly, the display time is longer. Prior to the AW I was not a watch wearer, so I didn't glance at my wrist as a habit anyway.
    iMore Intermediate

368 Posts

If fiddling with settings doesn't help, you can also try first by simply turning the watch off by holding down the side button and selecting Power Off. That will clear the RAM if something's gone amuck in memory. Then, hold down the button to restart it.

If that doesn't help, the next step is to try a hard reset, by holding down the digital crown and side button until the watch restarts. This will take a few minutes, but clears the caches and RAM, so watch should return to pristine conditions based on settings you've selected in iPhone Watch app.

If these simple software solutions don't work, you may have defective hardware. Then, it's off to AppleCare.

Also try to unpair ad re-pair the watch. Restore as new and test the display. If all is good then try restoring from your backup and see if the display issue comes back.