Anyone Else Bought An Apple Watch For Their Significant Other After Buying Your Own?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I bought my boyfriend of 8 years a Space Gray 42mm Sport yesterday as a "just cause" present because after playing with mine, it was something that he really wanted. I would've gotten it sooner but he wanted to see them in person before purchasing and it just made more sense to wait until they were available in stores. Anyway, he absolutely loves it and it seems to be his favorite present that he's received as of late. There's also a bonus for me too, and that's to have the person I'm closest to in the world have an Apple Watch to share in all the cool features with. While he's at work instead of texting him and waiting until he can respond, I can just tap him or send him my heartbeat to let him know that I'm thinking about him and vice versa. I have another good friend from this forum, MelbSteve, who I often use the tap and drawing features with (and sometimes the heartbeat but it isn't the same when it's just your friend versus your spouse) but he's lives in Australia and I live in America so with the 14 hour time difference, we can only communicate for a few hours per day.

So, as usual, I'm very long winded, but the question is, has anyone gotten their watch and their significant other loved it so much that you bought them one as well? Even if you just bought one so you could have those features (especially given how many threads we have to find other forum members to share in these features with) and hoped to indoctrinate your spouse with the hope that they'd grow to love it as much as you. :rotfl:

To me, as Apple has often said, it's such a personal device that it makes a really perfect gift, especially since you can pick one up for just $350/$400 (versus the full retail price of an iPhone). And it made him really happy, and as anyone who's in love knows, that's really all that matters.

IMG_2316_zpsd71d590e.jpg

bldhk

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I wanted to buy my wife an Apple watch but she does not like the watch very much. She is not a watch wearer, and she find the thickness of Apple watch unacceptable. So, this generation of Apple watch does not work for her. Maybe the next generation would raise her appetite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've not even bought one for myself yet. :(

I'd love to get one for my good lady though. We're in different countries and it would be super cute and good for our togetherness if we could send each other our heartbeats and cute little drawings. I won't see her until next year and two watches would really help our relationship stay strong.

Sad, isn't it?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to buy my wife an Apple watch but she does not like the watch very much. She is not a watch wearer, and she find the thickness of Apple watch unacceptable. So, this generation of Apple watch does not work for her. Maybe the next generation would raise her appetite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah they'll definitely get thinner next generation, so be prepared to spend some monies! :tongue:

I've not even bought one for myself yet. :(

I'd love to get one for my good lady though. We're in different countries and it would be super cute and good for our togetherness if we could send each other our heartbeats and cute little drawings. I won't see her until next year and two watches would really help our relationship stay strong.

Sad, isn't it?

Why haven't you bought yours yet? Finances or holding out for next generation? But you're right, it would be a really great asset for you guys in terms of communication just for quick blurbs here and there simply to connect, even if just for a second, because even a second can be meaningful and bring a smile to your face.

PrincessKick

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Originally my SO didn't think he wanted one until he saw mine and how much I loved it. So I bought him one and he's very happy with it.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My wife does not know that she wants an Apple Watch, so I might just get one for her :)

Last edited:

Lord Killington

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
My GF and I both got ours back in April. I got a 42SS & she has a 38SGS. I must say having the most important person in my life a few taps away is rather magical. We often send little sketches to each other during the day and it's proved to be a a very nice way to communicate a feeling or even just a thought. I can't imagine being without these now. We love it!iMoreAppImg_20150709_164012.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro