First 24 Hours

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I got my Apple Watch Sport yesterday. It's beautiful. Love everything about it, however I don't think it's for me. I do like to set my phone down and just get away at times during the day. I can't do that with the watch on. I know I can take it off or put it on do not disturb. But that defeats the purpose of having one. I will continue trying it out. Maybe I'll change my mind but right now, my iPhone 6 is more than enough.

Anyone else have similar thoughts? For those that don't, continue enjoying another Apple beauty!

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
You have 14 days to return it, so I say use it for all those days. :) You may find a use case that will justify keeping it. I'd definitely give it a shot and use it for awhile. It took me a few days to really allow it to work itself into my lifestyle, but after that, it's been smooth sailing :)

Another statement I read somewhere goes something like this: "It's unnecessary, but indispensable." This is true. Once you work it into your life, you'll never be able to get rid of it, but in the beginning it isn't needed.

JJBetty7

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I have had my white 32mm sport for a week now. I was on the fence at first and strongly considered returning. However, I had every intention of getting a fitness tracker and if I was going to pay $150 for a Fitbit Charge HR then I might as well go all out and get the AW. If I was not interested in the fitness aspect I would return it. l also love being able to reply to SMS on my watch.
I do wear a watch anyways so I believe I have convince myself that it is worth it for me. LOL

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I have had my white 32mm sport for a week now. I was on the fence at first and strongly considered returning. However, I had every intention of getting a fitness tracker and if I was going to pay $150 for a Fitbit Charge HR then I might as well go all out and get the AW. If I was not interested in the fitness aspect I would return it. l also love being able to reply to SMS on my watch.
I do wear a watch anyways so I believe I have convince myself that it is worth it for me. LOL

Did you mean 38 or 42?

For me there is a big difference between $150 for a Fitbit & $481 (42mm with tax and apple care). I will be returning the apple watch. I just can't justify paying that much for something that duplicates what I already have in my hand or pocket. I'm glad i tried it though.

I do hope you continue to enjoy your apple watch.

JJBetty7

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the typo, I got the 38. Because I didn't already have a tracker it made sense for me. I live alone so I use the voice texting a lot. Makes me think of **** Tracy every time. LOL

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting early than expected delivery on my Apple Watch. Was supposed to be Monday August 10th but just got a notification for tomorrow August 7th. Sweet!!!! I'll be able to use it at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesp

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought the 42 stainless steel today just to see what the real difference was between the aluminum 42 I had.
In my opinion, the stainless is gorgeous but it's just way too pricy for what it does. It was hard justifying the aluminum watch that I had at $420 out the door.
After playing with all of these watches, if I had to pick between the two, I would recommend the aluminum at a price of around 325 to 350. More then that is a waste of money.
I do admit that the Apple Watch is very nice to look at.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought the 42 stainless steel today just to see what the real difference was between the aluminum 42 I had.
In my opinion, the stainless is gorgeous but it's just way too pricy for what it does. It was hard justifying the aluminum watch that I had at $420 out the door.
After playing with all of these watches, if I had to pick between the two, I would recommend the aluminum at a price of around 325 to 350. More then that is a waste of money.
I do admit that the Apple Watch is very nice to look at.

Based on your posts you keep buying a Apple Watch just to say it's "too much out the door".
We get it. It cost too much to you.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ferniesp

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I guess you are right in saying that. It is funny but at the same time, let's be fair, I tried them all to be sure of my decision.
I am not saying the watch is lousy or crappy. It's just my opinion that the watch is not ready for prime time.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I got my Sport today. Wearing it at a gig right now. The very best thing so far for me is that it doesn't inhibit my Bass playing. I have the large band on the 3rd hole from the last and it feels great.
This was a issue I had with watches in the past. It's one of the reasons I stopped wearing a watch. The sport band has a lot of give to it in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods