How can I downgrade Watch OS 2 to 1.0.1?

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
so are you gonna call them back or....

I called them back, and it looks like there is no way to have it done. I suppose the only option is to stick it out two weeks, or have a watch that is not useable. I may still wear my watch for the time/activity, and then manually add steps to the Health App. I will then try iOS 9 on beta 2 and see if there is any improvements.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Downgrade watchOS 2 to 1.0.1

Separate line of thinking on battery: Looking at the dev forums, since launch a few have had battery issues.

The theory is the watch is struggling to find wifi. Some say resetting network settings on phone fixed it for them. Others said unrelated phone replacement did it. Possibly for same reason. I just reset my network and I believe it is better. Will report in an hour or so. Harmless thing to try.

anon(5718668)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Not sure whether anyone's tried using those firmware files that were posted? Have sent my watch to Apple to be reset so cannot try them out. Perhaps Airdrop - like the config. file?

ocrane

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

Separate line of thinking on battery: Looking at the dev forums, since launch a few have had battery issues.

The theory is the watch is struggling to find wifi. Some say resetting network settings on phone fixed it for them. Others said unrelated phone replacement did it. Possibly for same reason. I just reset my network and I believe it is better. Will report in an hour or so. Harmless thing to try.

ill try the same, 49% right now

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone tried Xcode? I am wondering if that will work since you get the UDID for the watch to register it as a developer maybe there is a way thru there to install it.

anon(5718668)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

You would have thought that Apple would have had the common sense to solve a problem like this simply? A sort of DFU mode for Watch, allowing it to be connected to iTunes. Guess these things can get overlooked...

Morgulio

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

Have the same problem with my Apple Watch...

Just try to find how can I send the firmware file to AW and look for the app for Bluetooth 4 LE (I can't post links, so find yourself LightBlue in the AppStore) and try to connect from the app to my AW in pairing mode.
So, I can pair with code on AW display and see several values, advertised by AW through BT:
IMG_0839.jpg IMG_0840.jpg

If we'll find AW exchange protocol, than we can upload firmware directly to AW!

Also, it works from my Macbook Pro 13" late 2012 with BT 4 LE:
?????? ?????? 2015-06-10 ? 21.41.25.png

Last edited:

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
yesterday my battery life was awful on watch.
today I took it off at 7.26am and it is now 7.36pm and I am down to 43% with standard usage.
I think it is slightly worse but better than yesterday

What I noticed though was I did a fresh install on the watch then restored a backup. I had to go through all apps and turn them off then turn them on again. iOS9 is getting me annoyed more than the watchOS.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I would like to point out that iOS backups have never stored the firmware in their backups and it only stores your settings and data. You can safely assume the watch backups are the same so trying to restore the watch backup is not going to do anything to the firmware.

ocrane

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
yesterday my battery life was awful on watch.
today I took it off at 7.26am and it is now 7.36 and I am down to 43% with standard usage.
I think it is slightly worse but better than yesterday

What I noticed though was I did a fresh install on the watch then restored a backup. I had to go through all apps and turn them off then turn them on again. iOS9 is getting me annoyed more than the watchOS.

I am at exactly the same, maybe after all the restores and network setting resets it helped.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Im really surprised all of you are having so much trouble on Watch OS 2. I pulled mine of the charger at 8am this morning. Its now 2PM and I am at 75%, pretty typical. Also, my taps and notifications are working fine. I did a complete setup from scratch after the OS2 install, dunno if that made a difference.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Im really surprised all of you are having so much trouble on Watch OS 2. I pulled mine of the charger at 8am this morning. Its now 2PM and I am at 75%, pretty typical. Also, my taps and notifications are working fine. I did a complete setup from scratch after the OS2 install, dunno if that made a difference.

I'm willing to try that!

Rich Woods

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
There has to be a way to do this. There has to be a recovery mode that will allow you to pair it with a phone that will download and install the OS. That's why recovery modes exist, so if through some software issue, the device is rendered unusable, you can download a fresh image and install it. They have it on Mac and they have it on iOS. Why wouldn't they have it on WatchOS? Also, I would think iMore would have written something about this by now

realogic

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Weird thing that I just reported to Apple;
I see now on my Macbook that bluetooth is connected (three dots).. Pressing the icon show no device, but going to System profiler I see that Apple Watch is connected actively to my Mac for no reasons!
Here the result: (sorry, Italian language)
Dispositivi (abbinati, configurati, ecc.):
Apple Watch:
Indirizzo: 78-9F-70-81-BD-49
Indirizzo casuale: No
Servizi:
Abbinato: No
Configurato: S?
Connesso: S?
Tipo di dispositivo: A basso consumo
AFH: Attivo
Mappa AFH: ffff0f0010
RSSI: -78
Ruolo: Centrale
Modalit? connessione: Modalit? attiva
Intervallo: 0 ms

Pretty weird..

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm willing to try that!

Wasn't even on purpose. I upgraded the watch and forgot to unpair it first. It stayed paired, but nothing was working. Nothing would sync over to the watch. Unpaired the watch, paired setup as a new watch and its been working fine since.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods