How can I downgrade Watch OS 2 to 1.0.1?

T1ck_T0ck

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Downgrade watchOS 2 to 1.0.1

I am avoiding the beta because of the watch. Especially after seeing this thread. Maybe in a later public beta but it way too early for a daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

I am avoiding the beta because of the watch. Especially after seeing this thread. Maybe in a later public beta but it way too early for a daily driver.

I think it's far too early for iOS 9. Think I read that FaceTime has been disabled for now. Must be to prevent non devs updating.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

I think it's far too early for iOS 9. Think I read that FaceTime has been disabled for now. Must be to prevent non devs updating.

I am on 9 and just did a FaceTime. It worked every time for audio and sometimes video. So it's wonky but not disabled.

Apple might hold back new stuff for beta but I haven't ever heard they dwarf existing features to discourage anyone from using a beta.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If there was a way to put the Watch in recovery or DFU mode similar to that of iOS devices to restore it then I wouldn't hesitate to load WatchOS 2 beta. Although I doubt I would really be negatively affected if the beta turned out to suck on 'my' Watch, having to go through Apple to have it re-flashed is something I'm just not willing to do if things turned out to be dire. Know what I mean?

T1ck_T0ck

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

If there was a way to put the Watch in recovery or DFU mode similar to that of iOS devices to restore it then I wouldn't hesitate to load WatchOS 2 beta. Although I doubt I would really be negatively affected if the beta turned out to suck on 'my' Watch, having to go through Apple to have it re-flashed is something I'm just not willing to do if things turned out to be dire. Know what I mean?

I know exactly what you mean. I agree if there was a user DFU mode I would be less hesitant.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Having has a watch on os2 it was nice however much preferred iPhone on 8.4. So have gone back to 1.0.1

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Having has a watch on os2 it was nice however much preferred iPhone on 8.4. So have gone back to 1.0.1

Did you have to have Apple re-flash WatchOS 1.01 for you?

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

I found that I had to do a full 'content reset' on the watch before I could successfully update to WatchOS2 Beta 2 via the Phone. It kept failing and after doing that it updated perfectly fine. Although, it is a very slow process to update!

Happy with both beta's on the devices. Not long till the public beta now ( 5 days ) as well as the public release of 8.4 for Apple Pay / Music - exciting times!

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

I found that I had to do a full 'content reset' on the watch before I could successfully update to WatchOS2 Beta 2 via the Phone. It kept failing and after doing that it updated perfectly fine. Although, it is a very slow process to update!

Happy with both beta's on the devices. Not long till the public beta now ( 5 days ) as well as the public release of 8.4 for Apple Pay / Music - exciting times!

I very much doubt we will get another iOS 9 beta release till second week July also doubt it will be the public beta. I expect that at beta 4 or even 5 at the end of July.

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

I very much doubt we will get another iOS 9 beta release till second week July also doubt it will be the public beta. I expect that at beta 4 or even 5 at the end of July.

Well .. I think we'll get another Beta (dev only) in 2 weeks, then I guess a public beta after that - they said some time July so could be mid-month.

8.4 Will be out soon though :)

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Well .. I think we'll get another Beta (dev only) in 2 weeks, then I guess a public beta after that - they said some time July so could be mid-month.

8.4 Will be out soon though :)

That's essentially what I said. I really doubt it will launch in 5 days. The current beta 4 of 8.4 maybe a gm release

thynes420

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

There is no way to revert back to Watch OS 1.01 Apple warns of this at least beta 2 is out and it has a lot of fixes mainly battery and speed but as for downgrading there is no way unless you make a genius appt and they have to ship it out because they don't have access to the diagnostic port !

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Battery was good the first day. Second day seems to be back to the same horrible life.

rjptl96

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Received the Apple Watch Repair box today (shipped yesterday). Pretty neat how they have all the instructions and the box is cool. Just dropped it off to FedEx, will get to apple tomorrow. Hope they downgrade and send it back by Monday.

Sunny Chick

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
im ****ed, i didnt really cared about the battery, i got ios9 to mess with and wannted to stay on watchos 2 for the faces, i downgraded my phone today to ios8.3 as a jailbresk is relesed, then when i pairing a nessage of ****, i did all these for jailbreak, now watch is ****ed, i really want to stay be jailbroked.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
im ****ed, i didnt really cared about the battery, i got ios9 to mess with and wannted to stay on watchos 2 for the faces, i downgraded my phone today to ios8.3 as a jailbresk is relesed, then when i pairing a nessage of ****, i did all these for jailbreak, now watch is ****ed, i really want to stay be jailbroked.

Have you not read any of this thread? There is no way to downgrade your watch unless sending back to Apple. And you must be on iOS 9 for watchos2 to work.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner