How can I downgrade Watch OS 2 to 1.0.1?

suprmanx7

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
By the time you get your watch back, you will have 2.0.1 and youll probably load it anyway. Just stick with it, patience is a virtue. Try the fixes, unpair, repair, start fresh etc. Beta is beta.

MikeyDeezy

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
By the time you get your watch back, you will have 2.0.1 and youll probably load it anyway. Just stick with it, patience is a virtue. Try the fixes, unpair, repair, start fresh etc. Beta is beta.

This is the reality I've adopted. We are (most likely) in it for the long run (sans sending the watch to Apple) so I'll just wait until 9.0 beta 2 is released and then re-pair my iPhone back to the Watch. For now I am Apple Watch-less.

J_blatto

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
So without unpairing my watch, I just downgraded my iOS to 8.3. I now have an iPhone 6 Plus that works great again and an Apple Watch running 2.0 that does everything except act as an extension of my iPhone. I just leave it on airline mode (saves battery) and use it for fitness, telling time, etc.

Not unpinning your watch is crucial if you still want to have a watch that is useable. If you unpair, then downgrade, your watch will be in pairing mode which we know is impossible to pair with iOS 8.3.

leonchowleon

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Today I have called apple care /developer hotline (Hong Kong) They still say that there has no method to help me to downgrade..... And now i decide to use the phone (ios8.3) and watch (os2.0) separately !

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Downgrade watchOS 2 to 1.0.1

Well here's how I have fixed the issue

I was still within my 14 day return window. On the 14th day I have initiated a return which gives me another 14 days to send back to Apple. I have ordered another one on Sunday which amazingly will arrive this Thursday. Considering it is a 42mm deSpatch was next day but it's coming from China. 4 days and will probably be back on 1.0...

mpf541

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Well I brought mine over Last Thursday To the Apple store. They just called me to come get it. Aparently they replaced it instead of flashing it. Would rather of had the first one back re flashed but I am ok with this. As the store genius told me some times they just replace as even the depot is not set up to flash yet. i don't really care as long as it is back. However the next time it gets an update I will not be the first one to try. IOS i can put back with no problems. But watch OS is not worth trying that now

anon(5718668)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Well here's how I have fixed the issue

I was still within my 14 day return window. On the 14th day I have initiated a return which gives me another 14 days to send back to Apple. I have ordered another one on Sunday which amazingly will arrive this Thursday. Considering it is a 42mm deSpatch was next day but it's coming from China. 4 days and will probably be back on 1.0...

I considered doing this, but, since Apple have taken my watch, I can't do this. If, for some reason, they can't fix it, may bring this up with them.

ceejay3k

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

I was hoping that maybe after all the fuss we would get a watch OS 2.0b2 on Monday for people making all the stink or maybe even a 1.0 Configuration Profile. I had already had a repair scheduled, received the box on Monday. After they didn't come out with an update or a downgrade method, I sent my watch back to Apple Monday afternoon. They received the watch today and have marked the repair as complete, and sent a replacement watch back to me today. No re-flash, simple replacement. Not sure the return speed, but it looks like it was an instant turn around as they both received and sent out my replacement watch today.

mpf541

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Thats the same thing they did with me. Except I brought mine to the store. I got mine back overnight but it was from the store.

trevkat

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Took mine into the Apple Store today and had it sent away today so the OS can be downgraded. Looking forward to getting this beta off my phone. The store said I should have my watch back in 3-5 business days which isn't bad at all.

ocrane

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Took mine into the Apple Store today and had it sent away today so the OS can be downgraded. Looking forward to getting this beta off my phone. The store said I should have my watch back in 3-5 business days which isn't bad at all.

I just got home from doing the exact same thing...

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm personally not worry about the watch 2.0, is not perfect but I can manage with it, my biggest issue is the IOS 9.0, my iPhone battery is horrible, but I don't want to downgrade because I love my watch. It just sucks that I have to carry my iPhone charger everywhere I go

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Due to severe weather warnings my new watch has been delayed in Shanghai. Really not liking not having a watch.

Luckily Apple have just opened their reserve and Pickup in the UK. I am collecting mine at 12 midday from The Trafford Centre Manchester.

Rich Woods

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

My money is on us getting a 1.0 Configuration Profile. The only problem is that they've always told us that there's no way to go back and it's always been up to us to figure out how to do it. Coming out and telling us how would be unprecedented. I think they have to though.

I also have a question for anyone that has already installed it. Does WatchOS 2 come with the Podcasts app?

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Woo hoo picked up from the Apple Store in Manchester UK and back on 1.0.1.

Its funny I am actually missing the Time Travel functionality and being able to take Wifi Calls on the Watch.

Asked the guy instore about downgrading and he said the only way currently is send it back through Apple Genius Bar and receive a replacement. They have no way of doing it either in store or at the depot.

I won't be uploading a beta to the device until future confirmation that you can downgrade is possible.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR