Pay at Dunkin Donuts with your Apple Watch and blow their minds

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
No, Dunkin Donuts doesn't take Apple Pay yet, but... you can load your Dunkin card into Passbook and set it to mirror to the watch. Open the watch Passbook app, tap the Dunkin card and bring up the QR code. Raise your wrist when they tell you the cost and watch the stupid look all over their faces. I actually had one employee who wouldn't scan my watch until she got "permission" from her manager.

JadeKyle

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Strangely on Apples page dedicated to who supports Apple Pay, the list of apps that it works in lists DD. I use their app a lot since Apple Pay is not in their wheel house. So today when I saw that you could use Apple Pay in their app, I assumed that it could be used to refill your card. While I was unsuccessful in finding where Apple Pay could be used, I did discover the Passbook addition, and the subsequent display on my Apple Watch. I hate the thought of dropping my phone in the drive-thru...thus, I will use it this way from now on!

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Strangely on Apples page dedicated to who supports Apple Pay, the list of apps that it works in lists DD. I use their app a lot since Apple Pay is not in their wheel house. So today when I saw that you could use Apple Pay in their app, I assumed that it could be used to refill your card. While I was unsuccessful in finding where Apple Pay could be used, I did discover the Passbook addition, and the subsequent display on my Apple Watch. I hate the thought of dropping my phone in the drive-thru...thus, I will use it this way from now on!

I wish they would take Apple Pay without the need for a DD card. That would be awesome.

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Hmm. Went to refill my DD card today inside the new DD app and was surprised to find it had no ApplePay option. Time for DD to get with the program! I should probably just use ApplePay inside the store instead of a DD card.

How does using Apple Pay work at the drive-through (without a watch)? They take the phone and... ??? It's pretty easy to have them scan the DD card barcode at the drivethrough.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I don't have a DD out this way, but McDonald's does Pay at the drive-thru. They pull the reader off of a mounting rail and hold it up at the window. You reach out with the phone or Watch and you're golden.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73