Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

45 Posts

Default Frequent Band Changes

Do you think the portion of the watch edges that the bands connect to are sturdy enough to withstand frequent band changes?

To those with the stainless steel model, do you think frequent changing of the bands will cause scratches and scuff marks on the edges of the watch where the band connects to the watch?
    iMore Beginner

77 Posts

Default Re: Frequent Band Changes

I don't know your definition of "frequent" but I have the SS watch and currently 3 bands (Apple Sports, Apple Classic Buckle and a leather band I got off Amazon). This is the second 3rd party band I got - the first one was very difficult to get in the slot and also would slide out without pressing the release button. The new one seems made better, but is also a bit harder to slide in than the Apple ones.
    I think if you are careful, the only place you might see wear and tear is in the actual channel that the bands slide into, and in that case you would not see any scratches once the band is in place. you would either have to be very careless or have an adapter that is much to big to manage scratch anywhere else on the Watch IMHO.
    And I probably average at least one to two changes a day - depending on if I am going to work or out to dinner and don't want to wear the Sports band.

I am wondering about this as well... I guess only time will tell if frequent band changes will cause issues.

I ordered a Milanese Loop for during the day, but will use the sport bands every morning for my workouts.
    iMore Intermediate

368 Posts

Yes, time will tell. I change out my band a couple of times a day, usually from one of my elastomer bands for around the house and exercising, to either my leather loop (most comfortable) or link band (nicest looking).
    iMore Intermediate

201 Posts
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

I have the SS and switch between the sport band and Milanese loop daily. I have not seen any issues and have had my watch since May 1.

I am sure Apple did plenty of swap tests to ensure durability, but as we all know the Apple users are usually the ones who discover the flaws .

Again only time will tell. For now I am swapping the white and black bands while I wait for my Millenese Loop.
    iMore Expert

752 Posts
    Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

I've been changing them out nearly daily. (Milanese loop, leather loop, sport band.)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk