Milanese band and MacBook Pro

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Watch yesterday, along with the Milanese band. I love the watch and the band, but I have a question about how others are managing with their MacBooks. Specifically, has anyone experienced any scratching - either on the surface of the MBP or on the Milanese band? I cannot imagine that the metal on metal rubbing would be good for either surface.

Anyone? Comments? Solutions?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
This is why I’m holding off on the Milanese band. I’ll stick with the Sport bands until more people share their user experiences.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Being careful with the positioning of the hands when you use the Mac? But yes it could be an issue, but no more than any other stainless steel type watch I would imagine. Or other similar watch band.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have had metal banded smart watches for some time. I keep a terry cloth wrist band in my bag and if I am wearing one of the metal bands I just rest that on the palm rest on my watch hand... I don't wear the wrist band unless I am on a marathon typing fest :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I get it that the Milanese band is no different in this regard than any other metal band. I am looking at the Moshi Palm Rest Protector as a possible solution. In the meantime, I am consciously holding my hand different, and being aware of contact between my MBP and my watch band. And I may switch to my black sport band for the time being.

Palm Rest Protector for MacBook Pro Retina | Moshi

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I have had metal banded smart watches for some time. I keep a terry cloth wrist band in my bag and if I am wearing one of the metal bands I just rest that on the palm rest on my watch hand... I don't wear the wrist band unless I am on a marathon typing fest :)

The whole wrist band thing is brilliant.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a Moshi PalmGuard. Until it arrives, I'm using a microfiber (microfibre for those of you across the pond) cloth under my wrist/watch band.

Under the watch? I wouldn't have thought of that.
Can you feel the taps?

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Can you feel the taps?

I think he means he uses it as a barrier between the watch band and the MacBook Pro, not between the wrist and the watch. I think, of course I can't be positive, but that's how I understood it. :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Can you feel the taps?

Under my wrist/watch, relative to the rMBP keyboard. I laid the microfiber cloth on the keyboard rest, under where I place my hands.

I got the Moshi today and it's been installed. I'm good to go now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR