- 11-07-2015, 04:37 PM #26
- 11-07-2015, 05:06 PM #27
Well for grins I went to the Apple Store (it's only 10 mins away) to see what they would say. I showed the Apple rep the damage and asked what I could do about it. Was completely up front about it, showed him the nick and said I didn't know how it happened, that it was odd it was right to the metal (through the DLC coating), and that I didn't recall doing anything to cause such damage. Told him I bought the watch last Sunday. He had to ask another Apple rep who then looked at it for about 10 sec - ran his nail over it - and said: "Get him a new one". I didn't argue obviously.
I was fully expecting to be told it wasn't covered or something to that effect. Not taking for granted how they resolved this. My lucky day I guess (although not so lucky that it happened in the first place). I consider this a freebie. I'll be getting Apple Care + before the 60 day window that's for sure, for any serious damages.
- 11-07-2015, 05:08 PM #28
- 11-10-2015, 04:02 PM #29
- 11-10-2015, 04:09 PM #30
- 11-10-2015, 06:57 PM #31
- 11-11-2015, 01:21 AM #32
- 11-11-2015, 01:33 AM #33
- 12-15-2015, 08:37 PM #34
- 12-16-2015, 11:33 AM #35
- 12-21-2015, 09:39 AM #36
- 12-21-2015, 11:05 PM #37
- 12-23-2015, 11:52 AM #38
My screen is flawless and I have been wearing the watch since June 1st. I only take it off to charge and shower. I even sleep in the watch now.
- 12-23-2015, 11:57 PM #39
- 12-24-2015, 01:37 AM #40iMore Intermediate
- 246 Posts
My 42mm SS long already has multiple tiny scuff marks on its left side (above the speaker) but I'm not bothered by it. It's supposed to be worn as it should. My Rolex DSSD already has scuff marks on its case, let alone be bothered on the AW.
- 12-29-2015, 12:22 AM #41
- 12-29-2015, 02:06 PM #42
- 03-16-2016, 07:58 AM #43
- 03-16-2016, 06:10 PM #44iMore Intermediate
- 110 Posts
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 04-12-2016, 07:31 PM
- By artysx in forum Apple WatchReplies: 14Last Post: 11-02-2015, 12:31 PM
- By MobileMadness002 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 25Last Post: 06-23-2015, 12:09 PM
- By Deanig_12 in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 5Last Post: 05-06-2015, 08:25 PM
- By kilofoxtrot in forum Apple WatchReplies: 17Last Post: 05-06-2015, 09:28 AM