Does anyone give you a hard time for wearing your Apple Watch?

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone's family, friends, or coworkers give you a hard time for wearing an Apple Watch/smartwatch?

Ive had mine for 3 weeks now and I'm still getting crap from a few people at work about it. It's all in good fun and doesn't bother me one bit. They are just jealous!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Does anyone give you a hard time for wearing your Apple Watch

No. Not at all. I wear my Watch everywhere and I've yet to receive any negative feedback because of it. People stare at it all the time, and sometimes they'll ask if it's the Watch. Where I get the "wow, that's cool" response is when I'm paying for something via Pay.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Nope- I noticed that more people are noticing it now tho- I get a lot more "hey is that the watch"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I get a hard time only because I said I was going to wait for Gen 2, but they all knew that I took the blue pill and that I could not hold out :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I get a hard time only because I said I was going to wait for Gen 2, but they all knew that I took the blue pill and that I could not hold out :)

THIS ^^^^^^

Welcome to my world, where the blue pill rules. (No, not THAT blue pill)

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site

I do not get any negative feedback. I get a lot of people, students especially, asking if it is the Apple Watch. I give them a few minutes to ask a few questions and then I am on my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

Just got mine yesterday and I haven't been out in public with it other than work but I have received some negativity online. I started a thread in a car forum I help moderate asking if anyone was getting or had gotten a Watch. It went off topic immediately. One guy asked "what's the point". Another guy replies "It's just a "status" type thing. Same reason women "need" designer purses, aka...designer saddle bags". A third guy starts a conversation about how evil Apple is. There was barely a positive comment and no one in 3 pages actually stated they planned on getting one. It will be interesting to hear the comments when I get it out in public.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

My coworkers always rib me about my Apple fetish, but . . . I don't let it bother me. I'm not the one always having issues with their tablet, computer, phone, etc.

However, when I go out, I get lots of, "Hey, is that the iWatch?" Sometimes I correct them, sometimes not.

Last edited:

Dougie011

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone give you a hard time for wearing your Apple Watch

I was telling everyone that I planned on getting the watch since around February. When I started wearing it, they simply asked "oh, did you get your apple watch?" I said yes and showed them different things. So far, all of he feedback for me has been rather positive. Most people don't even notice though.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I told a couple friends that I planned to get the watch and the first thing out there mouth was "oh no too expensive" ...I'm not made of money by any means but the apple watch is my "cheapest" watch. Currently, I rotate between a movado bold and diamond Michele that I was gifted when I graduated college.

My apple watch arrives tomorrow!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't have mine yet but I would imagine the only negative statements would come out of jealousy.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

People who even notice mine usually just ask "How do you like it?" 😊

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

My wife - the lady that bought it for me - does. She gives me that sly, playful grin and comments about "boys and their toys". I'm starting to think she bought it for me just so she could give me a hard time about it. :)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

My wife - the lady that bought it for me - does. She gives me that sly, playful grin and comments about "boys and their toys". I'm starting to think she bought it for me just so she could give me a hard time about it. :)

Isn't what our spouses are for? :)

dcscott

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

The only people who have given me any grief are those who are still waiting for theirs to show up. Perhaps if I didn't taunt them.......... :)

Dougie011

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

I will be honest, when I first got it I didn't know if I liked it. I was a little disappointed, but after learning how to use it and how to get things to do what I want, I absolutely love it now.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Why would someone give you a hard time over it? lol

I just deal with people in my own way. I tell them to go f*ck themselves.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I will be honest, when I first got it I didn't know if I liked it. I was a little disappointed, but after learning how to use it and how to get things to do what I want, I absolutely love it now.

That's the key. Once you figure out the manner in which you want the Watch to be of service to you, and then make the adjustments via the Watch app, the device itself can be amazingly practical.

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

The blokes at work are keen to see mine when I get it - one of them was bought one by his wife for his birthday a few days after I ordered mine, so I'll be the first in the company with one.

Friends and family know I'm a gadget and technology nut, so I'm expecting the usual rolling of eyes and comments about 'boys and their toys' ...

sioux21

May 25, 2015
Visit site

I get a lot of comments about my watch. But I guess you have to stand above that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR