Does anyone give you a hard time for wearing your Apple Watch?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: Does anyone give you a hard time for wearing your Apple Watch

Everyone thinks my Pebble is the new Apple Watch! LOL But today (well really tomorrow, as I won't really get it till late tonight) they will know the difference! ;)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Everyone thinks my Pebble is the new Apple Watch! LOL But today (well really tomorrow, as I won't really get it till late tonight) they will know the difference! ;)

people have thought my Garmin vivoactive was an Watch and before that my Pebble Steel. :)

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

unanimously positive responses on my end. Was expecting a bit of banter here and there from android folks mostly, but nothing so far.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Apple watch?? What Apple watch?? It's a house arrest monitor bracelet... :p

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Back at my main office. Been here for 2 hours and already gotten APPLE BOY grief :)

But, I DON"T CARE!!! I love my Apple Watch :)

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

I have one friend who when he saw me wearing the Watch said "I guess you are drinking the Kool-Aid again" (reference to Jim Jones). But he hates Apple - more because he loves tinkering/building his Windows machines and various software that he can't run on a Mac.
From other people it is more like "Is that THE WATCH???" and they are more interested in how much I like it or what I feel about it.

JumpingJayzuz

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Today was my first day in the office with the watch. So far, I've only had one "Oh...you didn't! You are such an Apple geek!" remark. All the rest have been more like "Cool! Show me how it works!" or "Show me Mickey!" and most abundantly "Call me from your watch to see if it works!"

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Good for you! Don't let the haters get you down.

Haters gonna hate!!! I just punch them in the gut then when they are down, I take a picture of them with my iPhone, make it a favorite, then show it to them on my Watch :)

cessex

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

I had mine delivered to my work...much easier than having to worry about missing UPS. so my sacred unboxing happened in front of most of my coworkers. I'm our gadget nerd...so o mostly just get asked if its as good as I thought it would be.

It's unite the conversation starter using  Pay. I had a clerk at Subway all the way lose his mind. Like../he gathered all of his coworkers and made me show them how I paid with my "iWatch." I low key try and correct them.

I've had two people ask "is that the new Apple Phone?" I educate them also.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I have had mine since May 1. I have noticed people looking and several have asked if it is The Watch. A couple have asked if it is worth it. One coworker tried mine on and decided it was not for her, too big for her tiny wrist. Mostly people curious, but no negativity.

Apple pay does seem to amaze cashiers when they notice.

Mscatinboston

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site

Just wondering if anyone's family, friends, or coworkers give you a hard time for wearing an Apple Watch/smartwatch?

Ive had mine for 3 weeks now and I'm still getting crap from a few people at work about it. It's all in good fun and doesn't bother me one bit. They are just jealous!

Interesting question. I have only received accolades. I'm a gadget girl so family & friends expected me to get it. Like me, they love my Watch! 😜
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1433815007.860998.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1433815031.074484.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1433815064.706223.jpg

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Just had a guy wearing the original Pebble give me lip about getting notifications on my wrist and that being able to respond to them is dumb...

:)

syx6sic

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

I haven't had anyone comment on mine and I have only seen 3 people wearing them in my area

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I don't have an Apple Watch yet, but I have a 360 I wear on days I carry my M9. I always get asked if it's the Apple Watch.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I don't have an Apple Watch yet, but I have a 360 I wear on days I carry my M9. I always get asked if it's the Apple Watch.

I had that with the Garmin vivoactive and the Pebble Steel. Even before the Watch was available to order :)

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

I think my work colleagues have been rather underwhelmed, all things considered. Couldn't care less frankly - I bought it for my own reasons, not theirs.

I've yet to see anybody else wearing one amongst the local population - makes me feel like something of a pioneer!

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Just wondering if anyone's family, friends, or coworkers give you a hard time for wearing an Apple Watch/smartwatch?

Ive had mine for 3 weeks now and I'm still getting crap from a few people at work about it. It's all in good fun and doesn't bother me one bit. They are just jealous!

A few people have mentioned it when they see it. I'm also starting to see others wearing one, and it's a good conversation opener. Why are they giving you crap? This is the first one I've owned that I don't feel like a tool wearing...the only pretentious thing I do is use ApplePay, but many folks just aren't used to seeing it.

JaenelleMasen

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

These people that are making fun of you for having the Apple Watch... Are they the same people who laughed when Apple first announced the first iPhone and they all had their Crapberries?? Now almost everyone is carrying a smartphone and blackberry is on the verge of bankruptcy. Are they scoffing at anyone who has a tablet as well? These naysayers need to cool it with their negativity and embrace the new tech for what it is... New tech that's pretty darn cool and useful.

farb12

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

All the crap I get is in good taste and is really tapering off now. I have yet to see anyone else wear one other than the apple rep at best buy.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods