HELP!! Message bug crashd my Apple Watch

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Force restart your Apple Watch

You should force restart your device as a last resort and only if it's not responding. To force restart your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Before you go to the Apple store, call Apple first. The last few times I had to go in the wait was over 4 hrs. I ended up coming in the following morning prior to them opening. I still had to wait for an hour before I was helped. sometimes the Phone or Chat can be just as helpful for a lot less of your time. It's a thought!

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Definitely a good idea to call Apple first if you haven't already. I called Apple for my iPad and they said it needed to be reset and recommended making a appointment at an Apple Store. That's what I did and I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. Making an appointment is key. I'm lucky that I have 3 Stores within 30 minutes of me. The OP might not be so lucky...

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Definitely a good idea to call Apple first if you haven't already. I called Apple for my iPad and they said it needed to be reset and recommended making a appointment at an Apple Store. That's what I did and I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. Making an appointment is key. I'm lucky that I have 3 Stores within 30 minutes of me. The OP might not be so lucky...
When I tried to make the appt I was told first available was in 6 days. Thats when I was told to show up in the AM before they open. There are always options but the phone call is the best start.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

That's not fair! The closest store to me is 80 miles. The metro area here is close to 100,000 people. Seems 1 store could locate here.

☮

Dougie011

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
If you can get the person that sent the message bug to send another message (besides the bug) it should help fix it. All they need to put is hi for example. If you are able to get to pictures, send a picture using the share button to the person that sent the bug message. I had this happen to my phone and sent a picture to the person that sent it, and it fixed the problem.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
That's not fair! The closest store to me is 80 miles. The metro area here is close to 100,000 people. Seems 1 store could locate here.

I have 18,000 people in the small 1.25 square mile town where I live. Bergen County, NJ has around 925,000 people and we are within a stones throw of NY City which I didn't include. There are 5 in Manhattan and 1 in Yonkers. So 9 stores with-in 40 miles to service 20+ million people...

Apologies to the Original Poster for derailing his thread...