Battery Life Issue

TDTHR3E

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
This could totally just be me being paranoid about my battery life since today is only day 3 but I feel like it's draining faster than what everyone else is reporting.

I understand that when you first get it you're fiddling with it more, but just using today for example it's 1:30pm and it's already at 47%. I keep the wrist raise option off and have lowest brightness setting. I charged it to 100% before bed because I really like to wear it while I sleep because the gentle sound and haptic feedback is great as an alarm to wake up to. Just sleeping overnight it lost around 12%.

Just trying to get a barometer here to see if mine is an oddball case and I should have it checked out.

The only app I could think that would do anything draining is 'Lifeline,' the text story adventure game. But I really don't think that's an issue.

Any ideas from this community of geniuses!?

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
When I was borrowing my coworkers last weekend, I didn't have any issue with battery life. Started the day at 100% (about 7:30am). I ended the day with about 30%. That was with an hour on the elliptical each day in exercise mode which used about 10%.

Only thing I can think of is that if you are sleeping for lets say 7 hours a day, you lost 12% overnight (which is still not bad since this is almost 1/3 of the day and only about a tenth was used). So basically you were starting the day with about 88%. At 1:30 you are just below 50%. If you weren't sleeping with it on and take that 12% from then, add it to your 47%, you are at 59%. If you took it off to charge a couple hours before bed, you are in pretty good shape powerwise then it would seem.

swgdan

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
This could totally just be me being paranoid about my battery life since today is only day 3 but I feel like it's draining faster than what everyone else is reporting.

I understand that when you first get it you're fiddling with it more, but just using today for example it's 1:30pm and it's already at 47%. I keep the wrist raise option off and have lowest brightness setting. I charged it to 100% before bed because I really like to wear it while I sleep because the gentle sound and haptic feedback is great as an alarm to wake up to. Just sleeping overnight it lost around 12%.

Just trying to get a barometer here to see if mine is an oddball case and I should have it checked out.

The only app I could think that would do anything draining is 'Lifeline,' the text story adventure game. But I really don't think that's an issue.

Any ideas from this community of geniuses!?

On your iPhone go to Settings....General...Usage....Battery Usage. What percent is the Watch using?

Mine was at like 30% until I followed the following link, now I'm at between 5-7% on the watch/phone.

http://www.imore.com/how-extend-apple-watch-battery-life-power-saving-tips

Last edited:

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
For the first week I had terrible battery life on my watch. Now it is amazing. I have been off of the charger since 8am and my battery is currently at 76%. Granted I mainly use it for notifications and the occasional text message, but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I get excellent battery life out of my Watch, and at the end of each day, I'm nowhere near depletion.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
After a week and a half of use, I've pretty much configured it how I want it, am getting the notifications I prefer, and answer a couple of calls a day, check the weather occasionally, and spend about an hour and a half on workouts. Today, I ended the day after 15 hours of use with 60% battery life. To be fair, I did stick it on the charger while I showered and got cleaned up after my workout. My workouts deplete the battery about 12-15% per hour, but after my shower it's back up to 85% for the rest of the day. My first week, I ended the day with around 35% battery life left. Now, I just wear it and use it routinely with little tinkering. It's great leaving my iPhone 6 in my bag except when I need the big screen and keyboard for something.

TDTHR3E

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Good report! Went to Savannah all day and the watch did great. I think I was just messing with it too much.

I did however use the modular watch face with ONLY the time and date on it. Less things to run= better battery. Even used maps quite a few times on it. Still had about 50% left.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Good report! Went to Savannah all day and the watch did great. I think I was just messing with it too much.

I did however use the modular watch face with ONLY the time and date on it. Less things to run= better battery. Even used maps quite a few times on it. Still had about 50% left.

That is great news. I'm hoping you'll have no additional issues.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Many of us do that with a new OS or new phone. Mess with it too much checking it out, then think there's a battery life issue. It always happens after a major iOS update.

IanRip

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I?m amazed at the battery life so far, I?m up at 04:36 and its now 13:28 and I?ve got 71%

My battery usage as per iphone usage settings are last "7days 4%"

Bed time its about 30%-40% I think once the apps get better the battery life will get pushed more
anyone suffering from poor battery should get the watch checked and also look at the apps their using, some are blooding sucking parasites or something similar along those lines

Maf C

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
iPhone shows watch battery usage at 1% on 7 days & doesn't appear at all on the 24hrs. Think mine would stretch to 2days use but I charge every evening for no more than an hour & always have 50% approx remaining at the end of the day.

jarran6

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just wanted to pitch in with my experience.

Had my watch almost 3 weeks now and until yesterday my watch would be off the charger from 7.30 am and go bank on charge at about 23.00. On average my battery would be about 40-30% left.

Yesterday I spoke to Apple support via an issue with a 30 minute delay on digital touch messages and they suggested unpairing and re pairing my phone, this seemed to fix the issue but now I have truly shocking battery use.

I have looked into various threads but currently my phone is on 60% left and its 11.45am and has been off charge exactly 4 hours, by that reckoning my watch will run out of juice at about 17.45.

Checked my phone and my watch has been using approximately 10%.

Anyone have any ideas, looks like it might be another call to Apple support.

IanRip

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just wanted to pitch in with my experience.

Had my watch almost 3 weeks now and until yesterday my watch would be off the charger from 7.30 am and go bank on charge at about 23.00. On average my battery would be about 40-30% left.

Yesterday I spoke to Apple support via an issue with a 30 minute delay on digital touch messages and they suggested unpairing and re pairing my phone, this seemed to fix the issue but now I have truly shocking battery use.

I have looked into various threads but currently my phone is on 60% left and its 11.45am and has been off charge exactly 4 hours, by that reckoning my watch will run out of juice at about 17.45.

Checked my phone and my watch has been using approximately 10%.

Anyone have any ideas, looks like it might be another call to Apple support.

you could wait 1 more day to see if its still the same, or even make a reboot-restart of the iphone & watch.

i haven't tested the Digital touch yet, my last 7 days usage (as per iphone stat's) 4%, fantastic so far

jarran6

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Ok update time.

Battery reserve depleted to 2% by 16.30....

I spoke to Apple support and they seem to think my watch might be faulty so I have to head over the the nearest store at Liverpool on Monday....

Anyhoo I am not convinced its faulty, i dont think the pairing process went well yesterday so I am doing another unpairing and re pairing. Will let you know how it goes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods