Be careful with Unpairing your phone

MichaelTroy

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I thought I'd let everyone know of my situation with accidentally unpairing the iPhone from the watch. I received my wife's 38mm and my 42mm sports watch and followed the process to set them up. First, I started with my wife's phone and it paired perfectly. I also updated her software which came out yesterday. Also worked perfectly. Even played around with it for a while while charging my watch. When I went to pair my phone, I realized that (doh!) I paired had paired it to her 38mm watch. No problem, right? Just unpair the phone and re-pair it with her watch. Well, I did exactly that and chose unpair phone under the Apple Watch app on my iPhone - I didn't do anything else on the watch at this point. The app told me it was unpairing and that it would take a few minutes. The watch screen then showed the Apple logo with the update ring around it which flickered a bit as it made its way around. The iPhone said complete. I went to turn on the phone and received the "Exclamation Point of Death" and the apple help address below. I performed a hard reset many times - nothing. I went to the recommended website which told me to perform a hard reset and to call Apple Care if that didn't work. So I called. After much time on the phone, the very nice Apple Care tech said that he had good news and better news - oh boy. The bad news was that the watch was toast. The better news was that they're shipping me a new one in 3-5 business days. Whew! I did purchase the plan.

I'm not sure what caused the error (neither did the customer service guy), since I'm sure others had to have done the same thing. It could've been a defective watch, corrupt update, or a large solar flare. Who knows? The watch was working just fine while it was connecting which was quite a while afterwards. In hindsight, I would've cleared the watch data first. In either case, I thought I'd let you all know.

Anyone else experience this?

a2dmusic

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else experience this?

Huh! Wow, no. I had to unpair/restore/re-pair my watch at one point because of issues I was having and it went totally smoothly. Sorry that was not the case for you but good on Apple for shipping you out a new one so quickly. Obviously you had some kind of dud!

MichaelTroy

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Huh! Wow, no. I had to unpair/restore/re-pair my watch at one point because of issues I was having and it went totally smoothly. Sorry that was not the case for you but good on Apple for shipping you out a new one so quickly. Obviously you had some kind of dud!

That was my thought as well. I guess there are bound to be a few duds. Hopefully they'll be able to ship it soon like they promised.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711