Watch OS 1.0.1 now available

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I'll try the same thing. So do you just run both apps on the watch at the same time, or do you use the Run app on the watch and runkeeper on the phone?
I run both on the Watch. The Watch app for RunKeeper only lets you Start/Pause/Resume/End, so you have to setup your parameters in RunKeeper first. Then I start a Workout, double-crown to RunKeeper, and start. It's slightly cumbersome, but I'm hoping a future version of WatchKit will allow fitness apps to start a Workout at the same time, either by starting the one currently on the start screen, or by starting an equivalent workout to what the fitness app is starting.

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Mine stopped tracking heart rate automatically as soon as i updated the software last night can anyone else confirm this?
It doesn't track every 10 mins only tracks manually when I go to glances
Mine tracks just fine, although it does miss checks on occasion (for instance it might go 30 minutes without checking), but this was happening already with 1.0.

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Mine tracks just fine, although it does miss checks on occasion (for instance it might go 30 minutes without checking), but this was happening already with 1.0.
I might have spoken too soon… Looking at my log in the Health app I have noticed that since the update there are far more frequent gaps in my Watch's heart rate monitoring. Sometimes it checks every 10 minutes, but then goes a full hour between checks for several hours. I would suggest reporting this to Apple.

Casuale17

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I've tried updating a couple of times but it keeps getting hung up on "downloading to watch". I've tried: restart iPhone 6, restart watch, restart both, unpair watch and pair as new. Each time the watch is fully charged and sitting on the charger. The iPhone has bluetooth and wifi turned on and it is sitting on my night stand next to the watch. As far as I can tell the watch operates normally in all other aspects but I can't get it to update. I'm not sure of what else to try. Any suggestions?

Maf C

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Since update heart rate data in Heath shows monitoring 12 times a minute this morn & every 2 hrs this afternoon! Very strange.

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I was more trying to understand if it was a one-time issue with the phone's GPS as a whole, or if it was really still a problem specific to the Watch's estimate (while the GPS itself was accurate).

I plan on running tomorrow morning and I'll report my findings as well (I'm still using RunKeeper alongside Workout for the social aspect).
So I went on the same run as prior to 1.0.1, and sadly my Workout app is off by as much as before. Prior to 1.0.1, my 5.97-mile run turned into a 5.84-mile run in Workout. After 1.0.1, I added a little .04 detour to make it 6.01 miles. Workout indicates 5.88 miles.

I did find that instant pace, however, appeared accurate.

I wonder if it will take a few more runs to recalibrate the incorrect estimates, or if we should un-pair and re-pair our Watches to restart the calibration process. I'm weary of taking my iPhone out of my belt pouch lest it throw off my calibration even more, but people have mentioned that having the iPhone vertical in your pocket instead of horizontal has helped correct their distance estimates…

Last edited:

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Since update heart rate data in Heath shows monitoring 12 times a minute this morn & every 2 hrs this afternoon! Very strange.
Yes I've found it very erratic since 1.0.1. At times it checks every 10 minutes, and other times it goes as long as 2 hours between checks, although 30 minutes-1 hour is more common.

Javed Choksi

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
[redacted]
Hopefully it's a software issue apple will iron out ASAP or maybe someone has a fix?
As I need my pulse checking every 10 mins!
That's the one of the main reasons I got this watch!

Last edited by a moderator:

alexnorwood

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I've tried updating a couple of times but it keeps getting hung up on "downloading to watch". I've tried: restart iPhone 6, restart watch, restart both, unpair watch and pair as new. Each time the watch is fully charged and sitting on the charger. The iPhone has bluetooth and wifi turned on and it is sitting on my night stand next to the watch. As far as I can tell the watch operates normally in all other aspects but I can't get it to update. I'm not sure of what else to try. Any suggestions?

Mine is not working either. Restored three times still nothing but downloading to watch....

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So I went on the same run as prior to 1.0.1, and sadly my Workout app is off by as much as before. Prior to 1.0.1, my 5.97-mile run turned into a 5.84-mile run in Workout. After 1.0.1, I added a little .04 detour to make it 6.01 miles. Workout indicates 5.88 miles.

but people have mentioned that having the iPhone vertical in your pocket instead of horizontal has helped correct their distance estimates?

I can't imagine the phone being vertical or horizontal affecting the accuracy of a run.

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Me neither, but I've seen this brought up multiple times, with a few people saying it has corrected their distance measurements?

I've been running for 35 years and have done every major marathon and have ran races from 2 miles to 100k and was nationally raked at 50k #7. I just ordered my watch and one of the reasons was because of the fitness aspect. I'm not that much of a stickler for dead in accuracy. Been there done that. But I want it reasonably close. What do you use to carry you're phone?

Generally I hold mine OR wear it in my pocket. Some of the shorts I have include loose pockets and some are tighter. To think if my phone, alters between vertical and horizontal affecting accuracy while running, doesn't seem plausible to me. Like I said, with my running past,obsession for dead on accuracy doesn't really matter to me.

Rattso2005

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Since the update... the wrist detection is way more sensitive than before causing mine to turn on when Im not looking at it. The excercise ring is less sensitive. It flat froze up on me the other day when I went for a walk not registering at all that I was moving/exercising. I turned the watch off a couple of times and it is now registering but still not nearly as sensitive as before. The only other thing Ive noticed since the update is the battery on my 6 plus seems to be taking a bigger hit than before the update.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Since the update... the wrist detection is way more sensitive than before causing mine to turn on when Im not looking at it. The excercise ring is less sensitive. It flat froze up on me the other day when I went for a walk not registering at all that I was moving/exercising. I turned the watch off a couple of times and it is now registering but still not nearly as sensitive as before. The only other thing Ive noticed since the update is the battery on my 6 plus seems to be taking a bigger hit than before the update.

The only negative difference I've noticed is wrist detection being more sensitive--as you mentioned. It appears not all people are having the same issues, which is even more frustrating.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox