Phone notification coming though ?

woddy4090

May 1, 2015
Visit site
When I get a text or email my phone vibrates and dings then 3 or 4 seconds later my watch notifications come though , this has happen a few times , restarted the phone and restarted the watch , anyone now a fix or why it's doing that ! Thanks

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
When I get a text or email my phone vibrates and dings then 3/4 seconds later my watch notifications come though , this has happen a few times , restarted the phone and restarted the watch , anyone now a fix or why it's doing that ! Thanks

I'm sorry, are you saying that you're getting the notifiation on the watch three quarters of a second after the phone? Or are you saying you get the notification three or four seconds after the phone?
Either way I would expect it to get to the phone first.

woddy4090

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I have had the watch from day one and all was work brill it's been the last few days that the phone has started notifying and then the 4 second delay to the watch !!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I get a text or email my phone vibrates and dings then 3/4 seconds later my watch notifications come though , this has happen a few times , restarted the phone and restarted the watch , anyone now a fix or why it's doing that ! Thanks

That shouldn't be happening. Alerts should go to the Watch if the iPhone screen is blank and vice-versa if the iPhone's screen is lit. You may have to reset the watch, or at least unpair and then re-pair it with the iPhone.

Last edited:

Maf C

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes I get the notifications to phone 1st & the watch seconds afterwards. Sometimes only the watch. Sometimes the watch notifies ages after my phone. Switching my phone off & on again makes a difference for a while. There's really no rhyme nor reason to it. I'm hoping for an update that allows a more specific tailored & precise notification system.

woddy4090

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I've just unpaired it and repaired it and seams to be working how it should now ! One thing I've noticed now is that a picture sent to me in iMessage used to come on the watch , now it's says you have been sent picture you can view it on your phone !!!

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes I get the notifications to phone 1st & the watch seconds afterwards. Sometimes only the watch. Sometimes the watch notifies ages after my phone. Switching my phone off & on again makes a difference for a while. There's really no rhyme nor reason to it. I'm hoping for an update that allows a more specific tailored & precise notification system.

It's really strange that some people experience this behavior and others do not. As long as my iPhone screen is off, I don't get any notifications on the phone, just on the watch--sans calls.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've just unpaired it and repaired it and seams to be working how it should now ! One thing I've noticed now is that a picture sent to me in iMessage used to come on the watch , now it's says you have been sent picture you can view it on your phone !!!

Great. I'm glad it working properly for you. As for the photo notification, that has been my experience - to view the pic on the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2