Not receiving any digital touches/drawings/heartbeats?

a2dmusic

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else having this problem? I only know one other (IRL) person with an Apple Watch, and I just got mine last night. So we were trying to tap to each other, draw to each other, and send heartbeats.

She received everything I sent, but I didn't get any of hers. We're in each others' friends circle and we both show the finger icon indicating that we both have Apple Watches. We can message and call each other fine.

So - to see if it was a problem on her end or mine, I set myself up as a friend in my circle to see if I could send myself drawings or taps. Nope, not even receiving those. She did the same with herself and got her own drawings and taps. So it seems to be a problem on my end.

Everything else I've done with the watch so far seems to work as expected. Haptics are a little light but I *do* get notification taps and such.

I looked around in the watch app on the phone to see if there was a "digital touch" preference, but I didn't see anything helpful.

Any ideas?

a2dmusic

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried restarting the watch?

Thanks...I did a power down and restart, yes (that is 'side button' holddown then swipe power off).

Also as an update, my above-mentioned IRL friend with an Apple Watch ran into a colleague of hers at work who has a watch and they were able to send/receive back and forth. So it's definitely my Watch that's the problem.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks...I did a power down and restart, yes (that is 'side button' holddown then swipe power off).

Also as an update, my above-mentioned IRL friend with an Apple Watch ran into a colleague of hers at work who has a watch and they were able to send/receive back and forth. So it's definitely my Watch that's the problem.

You could do a reset and restore of the watch, but you could also reach out to Apple for some assistance.

a2dmusic

May 8, 2015
Visit site
You could do a reset and restore of the watch, but you could also reach out to Apple for some assistance.

Yeah, I think this issue is going to have to go to Apple. This also happens every time I restart or reset... don't know if it's related or not, but it *shouldn't* happen at all.
IMG_0562.PNG

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this will help, but my son and I were experiencing the same thing. We went to Apple to see if they could help.
What the problem for us was the settings on the iPhone.
We had to set our iPhone message settings to start conversations from our phone number. >>Settings>Messages>Send&Receive>Start conversation from: Phone number checked.
Toggled off iMessage, then restarted our phones. Turned iMessage back on and everything worked.

a2dmusic

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Blackcash... checked that, it was ok. Ultimately Apple had me restore to factory settings and NOT use the backup to put my data back on, so I had to "start over" which was a pain, but in truth, a relatively minor one. Lost a little workout data, Apple Pay, which apps, etc, but it's not like the phone where you have a LOT more configured. And it all seems to be working now...

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
In the future, for anyone experiencing this issue who is using two-factor authentication for iCloud, go generate an app-specific password. Then on your iPhone, when prompted to login to iMessage, enter that password. It's actually the Apple Watch iMessage login window.

This fixed it for me. The login popup should show up shortly after you restart the Watch, but if not, disable and re-enable iMessage.

Gazstar

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. But for me, the fix was switching iMessages off and on again. I had swapped my SIM while travelling and the temporary number was still associated with my iMessages after I put my regular SIM back. That was enough to prevent me from sending digital touches.

EL COCONUT

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I was have this same issue. I toggled Off/On the iMessage and then changed my Apple account password (from my iPhone) and then is worked. Thanks for everyone collaborating - makes these things easier. :beer: :yes:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2