Why doesn't the USAA app work on the Apple Watch?

jsing2010

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
USAA app

If this has already been asked I apologize but does anyone know why the usaa app does not work on the apple watch? I've done everything that I can think of and it still doesn't work

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: USAA app

If this has already been asked I apologize but does anyone know why the usaa app does not work on the apple watch? I've done everything that I can think of and it still doesn't work

Give me a moment to install it and see if it'll work for me.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

After installing the app, and logging in to my account via my iPhone 6 Plus, I went to the Watch app and then select the USAA app to be installed on my Watch. After that, I initiated the app via my Watch and was greeted with the balance from my accounts. In other words, the app installed without a problem on my Watch.

wvayens

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

USAA app is working ok on my watch too. I did have to set up Quick Logon on my iPhone first, since I wasn't using this feature.

Adam Brown22

May 9, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for asking the question... getting my watch soon (I really really hope) and use my USAA app all day everyday. Glad to see it works on the watch so I can do quick balance checks throughout the day.

cloud garrett

May 14, 2015
Visit site

I know I'm a little late to the party but I found this thread whilst searching google. I too am a daily user of the USAA app and have had my watch since ~9am 4/24....

In my opinion, the app is flakey in its current state and even after a restart and getting the app to work, it may randomly stop working (usually getting staying on the loading screen).

I've played with it a lot and at this point I think it's just an annoying issue that will be worked out after the first live public iteration. I look forward to the future fixes for this and some other appa

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I know I'm a little late to the party but I found this thread whilst searching google. I too am a daily user of the USAA app and have had my watch since ~9am 4/24....

In my opinion, the app is flakey in its current state and even after a restart and getting the app to work, it may randomly stop working (usually getting staying on the loading screen).

I've played with it a lot and at this point I think it's just an annoying issue that will be worked out after the first live public iteration. I look forward to the future fixes for this and some other appa

You may be right in that whatever is causing some people to have issues will be fixed in a future update. Thankfully, however, not everyone is experiencing problems with the USAA app.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

I've checked out the USAA app on my watch, and it doesn't really do anything but give me my credit card available balance. I suppose that might be useful for a quick check to see if my balance changed, but no details. So, I still need to use the iPhone app for anything else.

jkjcksn

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site

Here’s what I did to get the USAA app to work on my Apple Watch. Install the USAA app on both your iPhone and the Apple Watch. Then log in to the USAA app on your iPhone and click on your initials at the top-left of your screen (mine was ‘XX’ encircled by a solid white circle). It should take you to a list of menu options with one option that should allow you to select the app to work on your Watch. After I selected that, I was then able to open the app on my Watch and finally see account information from USAA.

Hope that helps you.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Here’s what I did to get the USAA app to work on my Apple Watch. Install the USAA app on both your iPhone and the Apple Watch. Then log in to the USAA app on your iPhone and click on your initials at the top-left of your screen (mine was ‘XX’ encircled by a solid white circle). It should take you to a list of menu options with one option that should allow you to select the app to work on your Watch. After I selected that, I was then able to open the app on my Watch and finally see account information from USAA.

Hope that helps you.

That post is almost five years old. Hopefully he’s figured it out by now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh