Who's Returning their Apple Watch on their 14th Day? (Return Policy)

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
Thursday is my 14th day and I am returning my watch. I ordered two (long story) and the one that shipped is not the one I want to keep. The one I want to keep is not going to be here for a while, so I will be without for a few days.

Who else is returning their watch on, or close to, their 14th day within the 14 day return policy?

Why are you returning it?

Thanks, Cody

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you with all certainty that I will not be returning my Watch. As I've stated in a different thread, it has proven to be more practical for every day use than I thought it could ever be. Furthermore, I'm way too used to having it now to even consider returning it.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you with all certainty that I will not be returning my Watch. As I've stated in a different thread, it has proven to be more practical for every day use than I thought it could ever be. Furthermore, I'm way too used to having it now to even consider returning it.

Same here I seriously thought about returning it yesterday. But now I'm keeping it. I seriously love it and I just bought some BT headphones so I can start to workout with it.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here I seriously thought about returning it yesterday. But now I'm keeping it. I seriously love it and I just bought some BT headphones so I can start to workout with it.

Its use grows on you fast, doesn't it?.......I never imagined I'd ever enjoy using it as much as I do. Honestly!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Its use grows on you fast, doesn't it?.......I never imagined I'd ever enjoy using it as much as I do. Honestly!

Srsly LOL. I love it! I was thinking that I would be ok without it and that I'd buy a PS4 later this year instead and just get the watch again at a much later date but when I thought about it I was like I really don't even want a PS4 yet.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Srsly LOL. I love it! I was thinking that I would be ok without it and that I'd buy a PS4 later this year instead and just get the watch again at a much later date but when I thought about it I was like I really don't even want a PS4 yet.

(Laughing)....I hear you. Well, I bought my youngest son a PS4 for Christmas and he enjoys playing on it, but he doesn't play on it as much as he does his iPhone. Anyway, I think you made the right decision.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Haha I'm in the opposite boat. I won a ps4 played with it at 1st and haven't been as much and thought maybe I should sell it to pay for the apple watch.

Looks like I'll have both for now.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
No way am I returning. Like stated above, its grows on you quick. Been to handy to let go

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife can't be separated from hers...it has truly become one of her necessities just like the iPhone became so quickly. Her love for it has really made me consider getting one myself...only slightly though. I will say that it's crazy how fast she said she became attached to it and how much she said she uses it during the day.

UKFan643

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Thursday is my 14th day and I am returning my watch. I ordered two (long story) and the one that shipped is not the one I want to keep. The one I want to keep is not going to be here for a while, so I will be without for a few days.

Who else is returning their watch on, or close to, their 14th day within the 14 day return policy?

Thanks, Cody

Why are you returning it instead of selling it?

jaredporter

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I love my Watch more and more every day that I use it. It melds in with your life. Apple was smart to introduce this new product long ago (last Fall), and make people wait to give them time to read and study a little bit about it before it was in their hands (whet their appetites sufficiently). They were also smart to have initial sales be online only (especially to her most fervent customers). If Apple had sold the Watches in bulk in their retail stores upon launch, they would have an avalanche of returns from more casual shoppers who only wanted the "latest thing", but who wouldn't really take the time to understand how it works or what it is useful for. Others would buy 2-3 models to try (and for their spouses to try), and then just return the one they "tried" but DIDN'T really want within the 15 days. Returns are VERY expensive for retailers because the returned product loses its value to Apple as it has to be shipped off to another facility, totally checked out, re-packaged, and sold as a reconditioned model. Thus, as usual, Apple is "wicked smart" the way they seem do to most everything, including how they adroitly handled Apple Watch Launch.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I love my Watch more and more every day that I use it. It melds in with your life. Apple was smart to introduce this new product long ago (last Fall), and make people wait to give them time to read and study a little bit about it before it was in their hands (whet their appetites sufficiently). They were also smart to have initial sales be online only (especially to her most fervent customers). If Apple had sold the Watches in bulk in their retail stores upon launch, they would have an avalanche of returns from more casual shoppers who only wanted the "latest thing", but who wouldn't really take the time to understand how it works or what it is useful for. Others would buy 2-3 models to try (and for their spouses to try), and then just return the one they "tried" but DIDN'T really want within the 15 days. Returns are VERY expensive for retailers because the returned product loses its value to Apple as it has to be shipped off to another facility, totally checked out, re-packaged, and sold as a reconditioned model. Thus, as usual, Apple is "wicked smart" the way they seem do to most everything, including how they adroitly handled Apple Watch Launch.

That's a great theory.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, Cody

I would say that this thread should be called: Who bought 2 and return 1 and wait for second?

The way it's worded now implies complete dissatisfaction with the watch.

And as others have said, why not sell it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife can't be separated from hers...it has truly become one of her necessities just like the iPhone became so quickly. Her love for it has really made me consider getting one myself...only slightly though. I will say that it's crazy how fast she said she became attached to it and how much she said she uses it during the day.

Sean, I can honestly tell you that the Watch grows on you very quickly. I never visualized how practical its use would be. If somehow, my Watch gets lost or (gasp) is stolen off of my wrist (laughing), I would almost immediately order another one. Having said that, dude, go ahead and place your order....

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
Why are you returning it instead of selling it?

I would say that this thread should be called: Who bought 2 and return 1 and wait for second?

The way it's worded now implies complete dissatisfaction with the watch.

And as others have said, why not sell it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I originally started this thread looking for 2 things...

1. How many impulse shoppers bought the "latest gadget" and wasn't happy with it. Kind of like post 14 said.

2. but mainly to see if there was others like myself.

Let me explain my situation a little. I figured there would have been more of me, but seems not.

I bought two watches. One 38mm with classic buckle for my wife and one 42mm SG with black sports band for my self. I was thinking that if my wife gave it a good try for two weeks, she would fall in love. She is not tech savvy and didn't like the watch from the very beginning. she just got a smart phone 16 months ago and fell in love with that, but she struggles with tech and feels intimated by it I think.
With in the first few days, she was done. She didn't want it and insisted I return it. With mine being on back order (may 13th - may 27th), I figured I would wear it for a while before returning it. I had a 14 day return policy and figured it wouldn't hurt any thing to use it for a week or so.
I put it on craigslist a few days after I started using it, but all the replies were wanting a NEW IN BOX and didn't like the fact that it was a week old. I was only asking $50 more than i paid for it.

I wasn't going to sell it on Ebay because they protect the buyer more than the seller and there are too many scammers out there. I would rather not make anything off it than to get ripped off for $700

Money is not everything. I was really hoping my wife would have liked it, but I'm not going to make her and I'm not mad. I just don't have anyone to share my heartbeat with now. lol

It is nice seeing NO ONE returning their watches.

Thanks guys, Cody

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

1. How many impulse shoppers bought the "latest gadget" and wasn't happy with it. Kind of like post 14 said.

Let me explain my situation a little. I figured there would have been more of me, but seems not.

I bought two watches. One 38mm with classic buckle for my wife and one 42mm SG with black sports band for my self. I was thinking that if my wife gave it a good try for two weeks, she would fall in love. She is not tech savvy and didn't like the watch from the very beginning. she just got a smart phone 16 months ago and fell in love with that, but she struggles with tech and feels intimated by it I think.
With in the first few days, she was done. She didn't want it and insisted I return it. With mine being on back order (may 13th - may 27th), I figured I would wear it for a while before returning it. I had a 14 day return policy and figured it wouldn't hurt any thing to use it for a week or so.
I put it on craigslist a few days after I started using it, but all the replies were wanting a NEW IN BOX and didn't like the fact that it was a week old. I was only asking $50 more than i paid for it.

I wasn't going to sell it on Ebay because they protect the buyer more than the seller and there are too many scammers out there. I would rather not make anything off it than to get ripped off for $700

Money is not everything. I was really hoping my wife would have liked it, but I'm not going to make her and I'm not mad. I just don't have anyone to share my heartbeat with now. lol

Thanks guys, Cody

Asking for an additional $50 on a used Watch that people are already on the fence about spending $349 & up on is pushing it, in my opinion. If I were you, I'd either return it to a nearby Apple Store if you're still within the return period. If not, I'd post it here in the iMore Marketplace for no more than the amount you paid for it plus shipping. This is a NEW product from Apple that has been in the wild, so to speak, for just under 2 weeks so people will be somewhat leery of buying used -- I think. Anyway, thanks for sharing your story and good luck with your decision. Take care...:)

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Thanks guys, Cody

PM me if you decide to sell it instead of returning it please, thank you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711