Brand new SS watch died at end of first day of use- did defective charger kill it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Maass

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Very disappointing - got my watch yesterday, charged it overnight. Got a little warm when charging. Worked fine all day. Charge it tonight and charger and watch get very hot, and it will not exit power reserve. Then it gives an error picture of a charging cable with a red bolt on it- see attached. Finally it just dies- screen is blank and can't any response, either with charger attached or without.

Yes, off to the Genius Bar I go. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this. Also concerned that, if they don't replace the watch, the battery has been damaged by getting so hot.

Attachments

• IMG_4546.JPG
    IMG_4546.JPG
    448.1 KB · Views: 35

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure they'll simply replace the watch when they have enough stock on hand. These devices aren't easily repairable, except for the battery itself. They'll want to capture (swap out) your watch to send to the engineers to see what went wrong.

Maf C

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Mine gets a little warm under charging so I've opted to not leave it charging overnight (2hrs seems to be enough for a full charge from 50%)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine gets a little warm under charging so I've opted to not leave it charging overnight (2hrs seems to be enough for a full charge from 50%)

Not sure charging overnight is an issue. My iPhone and iPad also get a little warm when charging - which is normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2